Skip to main content
Topic: [ADDON] SimplePortal (Read 155312 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [ADDON] SimplePortal

Reply #480

Well fresh off the heals of RC1, here is a preliminary RC2! (OK its been almost 3 years lol)

Whats new in RC2?
  • Improved/fixed several article items.  Notably it now supports the inline attachments and drops the "use the first attachment" as the floated image trick. 
    • When using the add/edit article interface, you will see the same attachment d&d interface as the post page, it will also insert inline using tags [attach]x[/attach] but on save those will be converted to [spattach] tags.  Article attachments are not stored in the attachment directory for a long list of reasons so the same tag can't be used.  OK technically I could do some buffer rewrite tricks but nah. Using the same tag in the article editor saved me duplicating a bunch of code just to add "sp" to the tag.  So long stroy almost noone will notice the tag swap but I've noted it here for the curious.
  • Fixed a couple of minor bugs in the D&D portal page block arrangement code (you do know users can arrange the front page blocks in any order they want yes?)  Also a minor bug in the D&D admin interface for which blocks are in which section (you do know the admin can do this yes?)
  • Added Levertine gallery support to the gallery block
  • Added the portal as a core feature.  This allows you to completely turn off/disconnect the portal as turning off the core feature removes all the hooks as well. This simplifies the install as well.
  • Fixed a minor permissions issue in the admin block
  • In RC1 I changed from the table structure to div's using flexbox.  This updates the media queries so they should behave.  What should progressively happen as the screen narrows
    • Right blocks float under the left blocks, leaving you with a 2 column layout
    • The Right/Left block "stack" will float under the bottom center block but as a 2 column split
    • The Right/Left 2 column split will go to a single stack (still below center bottom) with right followed by left
  • Used some svg icons in a select few areas
  • "various" bug fixes, sme php7 goodness
  • Anything else I forgot

So give this a test and let me know what else I broke and I may fix it before another 3 years passes  :-X
Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 08:36:38 pm by Spuds

Reply #481

can be used on elkarte 1.1.6 or requires 1.1.7? (like Levertine Gallery)
sorry for my bad english

Reply #482

Thats a good question.

it should run on 1.1.6 BUT one  item that I know will not work are lightbox images for any portal article inline images.  The image should be there but it will not expand.   Now the edit for 1.1.6 to fix that is:

https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/commit/e989172a51ea5006661d77f7a57409fc9f38d8c9

basically just add an &

I've only been running this on 1.1.7 so I think that is the only breaking item.

Reply #483

Here is another update to rc2 ...
  • Several more fixes/updates to articles, including add/delete from the article view page.
  • Several UI fixes (spacing, icons, etc)
  • News block (recent posts) is ILA aware so you can still use the first attachment trick or ILA without double images
  • Set it to 1.1.7 install to avoid confusion
  • Other
Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 02:39:52 pm by Spuds

Reply #484

I just updated to Elk 1.1.7 and Simple Portal RC2.

Compared to the previous version of SP, there is a difference in Board News Block: if I have an image attachment displayed full screen at the end of the topic with tag [attach align=middle type=image]xxx[/attach] the thumbnail won't be displayed in board index. Is this wanted or it's a bug?

If I don't use [attach align=middle type=image]xxx[/attach] inside the topic the thumbnail is displayed correctly in board index.
sorry for my bad english

Reply #485

That is how I intended it to work with ILA. (it has the same behavior with articles)

My thought was,
- if someone is using ILA in a message, then they placed the image where they want it. 
- If no ILA tags, and there are attachments, and you have show first attachment option enabled then and only then use it.

Perhaps we could change that so if the ILA tag is found before cutoff length use it else use the attachment?

Reply #486

Quote from: Spuds – Perhaps we could change that so if the ILA tag is found before cutoff length use it else use the attachment?
That would be nice 8)
sorry for my bad english

Reply #487

Here are the latest updates to RC2, if I don't get a rush of error reports I'll do some final updates I have in mind, polish this up and call it GA

• Improved the "use first image" attachment logic.  It will now show the first image attachment in "blog" style if there are no inline attachments found in the snippet.    Previously it looked at the entire article / news item for inline attachments and if found would bypass the option.
  • Added Markdown capability to articles and pages.  You can now craft those in markdown syntax..
  • Fixed a couple of bugs.
  • Minor improvements to a couple of templates.
  • Improved the format/syntax change function (articles/pages).  Now when you edit an article and change from say BBC to Markdown the conversion will be better.  Of course as good as this is, its still lossy since not all features are supported in each format/syntax.
Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 09:34:53 pm by Spuds

Reply #488

I forgot to include the updated language strings (specifically Markdown) ... so the package above has been replaced.

Reply #489

I has found a bugz!  :D

The platform: 

SP RC2
nginx 1.21.0
php 7.4
mariadb 10.6.1

The bugz:

Adding an article works fine. Editing an article fails with the error message:

Code: [Select]
Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

Thanks for keeping this project alive @Spuds

Reply #490

Thanks for the report, I'll take a look in the AM and see what is going on.

Would look now but to busy enjoying a Left Hand Galactic Cowboy, I'm adding it to my approved beer list :D  If you like a darker stout then you must try.  It also has a Nitro charge so you get the super creamy texture, just like the good pubs.

QuoteBlast off into the stratosphere and grab a fistful of stars! Smoother than Solo and darker than the Dark Side, Galactic Cowboy is brewed for cosmic adventure. With notes of bittersweet chocolate and black coffee, this high-octane stout is the fuel you need to wrangle the universe

MALT   2-Row, Special B, Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, C-40, Rolled Oats, Flaked Barley
HOPS   Cascade, Comet, Galaxy.

Reply #491

Quote from: Spuds – Thanks for the report, I'll take a look in the AM and see what is going on.

Would look now but to busy enjoying a Left Hand Galactic Cowboy, I'm adding it to my approved beer list :D  If you like a darker stout then you must try.  It also has a Nitro charge so you get the super creamy texture, just like the good pubs.

QuoteBlast off into the stratosphere and grab a fistful of stars! Smoother than Solo and darker than the Dark Side, Galactic Cowboy is brewed for cosmic adventure. With notes of bittersweet chocolate and black coffee, this high-octane stout is the fuel you need to wrangle the universe

MALT 2-Row, Special B, Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, C-40, Rolled Oats, Flaked Barley
HOPS Cascade, Comet, Galaxy.

And you have proper priorities!

Reply #492

Quote from: badmonkey – I has found a bugz!  :D

The platform:

SP RC2
nginx 1.21.0
php 7.4
mariadb 10.6.1

The bugz:

Adding an article works fine. Editing an article fails with the error message:

Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
I have several articles on my test setup and they are editing fine.  Was this a "fresh" install and the first and only article / category in the system?  Also could you supply the line/file of that error. 

ETA: Also any attachments and what type of article, bbc/html/etc was it?

In the meantime I'm going to zero out my test setup and see if I can get the same behavior.
Last Edit: June 04, 2021, 08:35:52 am by Spuds

Reply #493

I'll get back to you on the error details. 

The install is an oldie using several patches up to 1.1.7.  There are several existing articles, all BBC with attachments. 

Reply #494

From the error log:

Type of error: Undefined
Notice: Undefined offset: 3
https://www.site.com/index.php?action=admin;area=portalarticles;sa=edit
File: /home/www/web3/web/sources/subs/PortalAdmin.subs.php
Line: 857

The same error occurs on a different yet similar install.