Skip to main content
Topic: phpBB Conversion path (Read 6551 times) previous topic - next topic

phpBB Conversion path

Just to confirm, this would currently be phpBB 2/3 -> SMF 2.0 -> Elkarte 1.0? Has anyone tried it?

Re: phpBB Conversion path

Reply #1

Oops. Totally forgot about your open importer. My bad.

BTW, why is that not in the Elk Tools site?

Reply #2

Speaking of, OpenImporter gives me this lovely error:

Warning: require_once(__DIR__/OpenImporter/SplClassLoader.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /path/to/public_html/forum3/import.php on line 12

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '__DIR__/OpenImporter/SplClassLoader.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /path/to/public_html/forum3/import.php on line 12

Reply #3

Quote from: Eliana Tamerin – BTW, why is that not in the Elk Tools site?

Quote from: emanuele – TBH, OI is not an ElkArte tool.
It's an independent project by chance developed by people working on ElkArte's code as well. ;)
At least that's how I see it.
sorry for my bad english

Reply #4

Quote from: Eliana Tamerin – Speaking of, OpenImporter gives me this lovely error:
 emanuele is innocent. Unless proven guilty of course. xD
Just to know what you are using, did you download the github version? If so the master branch?
Or maybe the version I posted here somewhere?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

Github, master branch, check.

I'll note that this shared host is on PHP 5.2.17. Hence the struggle with magic_quotes in another thread, but Elkarte was able to successfully install once I turned those off via a php.ini. I can't imagine why OpenImporter would run at a higher version than Elkarte, but it's possible that's the problem.

I'm not certain why Elkarte tools would need to be officially maintained by the Elkarte team. The addons and themes are mostly not, and you happily link to them from those sites. I don't see that this is much different. However, if this is really a sticking point, then it seems to me that the OI creator should be asked if their tool can be officially linked. If development ever stops, it is BSD 3-clause, so you could simply fork it and make your Elkarte OpenImporter if necessary.

Reply #6

Quote from: Eliana Tamerin – Warning: require_once(__DIR__/OpenImporter/SplClassLoader.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /path/to/public_html/forum3/import.php on line 12

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '__DIR__/OpenImporter/SplClassLoader.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /path/to/public_html/forum3/import.php on line 12
Just to be sure: did you upload the directories as well? Or just the import.php file?
Anything in the importer directory should be uploaded. ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #7

Quote from: Eliana Tamerin – I'll note that this shared host is on PHP 5.2.17. Hence the struggle with magic_quotes in another thread, but Elkarte was able to successfully install once I turned those off via a php.ini. I can't imagine why OpenImporter would run at a higher version than Elkarte, but it's possible that's the problem.
I think I didn't (yet) introduce anything that is 5.3+.
The development branch instead I guess 5.3 may already be the minimum version, not sure.

Quote from: Eliana Tamerin – I'm not certain why Elkarte tools would need to be officially maintained by the Elkarte team. The addons and themes are mostly not, and you happily link to them from those sites. I don't see that this is much different. However, if this is really a sticking point, then it seems to me that the OI creator should be asked if their tool can be officially linked. If development ever stops, it is BSD 3-clause, so you could simply fork it and make your Elkarte OpenImporter if necessary.
No, there it's not really a sticky point.
And at the moment the two main developers of OpenImporter (i.e. those with merge permission on the "main" repo), are TE and me, so... :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #8

Quote from: emanuele –
Quote from: Eliana Tamerin – Warning: require_once(__DIR__/OpenImporter/SplClassLoader.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /path/to/public_html/forum3/import.php on line 12

Just to be sure: did you upload the directories as well? Or just the import.php file?
Anything in the importer directory should be uploaded. ;)

Yep, the whole shebang was uploaded.

Quote from: emanuele – No, there it's not really a sticky point.
And at the moment the two main developers of OpenImporter (i.e. those with merge permission on the "main" repo), are TE and me, so... :P

Then it should really be added to the utils site. ;)

Reply #9

I'll check as soon as I have the mind to read code and fix my messes. xD
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #10

Ohhh...
Apparently DIR was introduced in 5.3, I missed that.
If you want to use it now you can change add at the beginning of import.php:
Code: [Select]
if (!defined('__DIR__'))
    define('__DIR__', dirname(__FILE__));
or otherwise simply replace
__DIR__
with
dirname(__FILE__)
I think it's used only once.

ETA: just as memo, Elk 1.0 is php 5.2 compatible in the sense there should be nothing that breaks on 5.2, but the suggested is 5.3 and compatibility with 5.2 will be dropped already in Elk 1.1. ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #11

Quote from: emanuele – Ohhh...
Apparently DIR was introduced in 5.3, I missed that.
If you want to use it now you can change add at the beginning of import.php:
if (!defined('__DIR__'))
    define('__DIR__', dirname(__FILE__));
or otherwise simply replace
__DIR__
with
dirname(__FILE__)
I think it's used only once.

ETA: just as memo, Elk 1.0 is php 5.2 compatible in the sense there should be nothing that breaks on 5.2, but the suggested is 5.3 and compatibility with 5.2 will be dropped already in Elk 1.1. ;)

Yeah, I thought it might be something like this. It should probably be added to OpenImporter until Elk 1.1 is released, or at least for the version for Elk 1.0.

And yes, I realize this site will probably be stuck on 1.0 for a while. Or at least until I can convince the admin to switch hosts or the host to upgrade.

Reply #12

Did you try the "fix"?
I don't have 5.2 handy, so I cannot be sure it's the only thing that breaks the compatibility...
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #13

Oh, no, I didn't. I actually used a different server to do the conversion, and then just put the database on the right site. I'll test it out at some point.

Of course, it was after all this that I noticed this guy's host had a switch to change from php 5.2 to 5.4.
 Eliana Tamerin sighs.

Reply #14

LOL

I know the feeling. :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.