Skip to main content
Topic: [ADDON] Referrals (Read 3151 times) previous topic - next topic

[ADDON] Referrals

This simple addon provides a way for members to refer others to the forum and have their referral statistics counted. The addon records the referring member, how many times their link has been hit, how many times they've referred a new member that has singed up and the date on which referred members signed up, making it possible to count who has made the most referrals in any given time frame. I am using this to provide prizes to members that refer the most new users.

https://github.com/Xydre/elkarte-referrals

The current version on GitHub contains no implementation to display referral stats or even retrieve a referral link, it simply counts registrations to the database upon referral. I'll implement the display features tomorrow.
Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 10:18:14 am by ant59

Re: [ADDON] Referrals

Reply #1

Another cool addon!
Great!
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

Had some spare time over the past few days so I've really been hammering out the code for Xydre.com and wanted to modularise as many changes as possible to open-source them for Elkarte :)
Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 05:31:39 pm by ant59

Reply #3

Nice work. I love your site too, it looks great.

Reply #5

Added referral link to the summary pages of users' own profiles.

Reply #6

Bit of advice - use a separate table instead of columns. Table changes are a big deal so try to avoid them. Always easier to use a new table.