Skip to main content
Topic: Feature request: Automatically generated avatar (Read 2760 times) previous topic - next topic

Feature request: Automatically generated avatar

Hi, I want to request automatically generated avatar, like identicon if the user doesn't have gravatar or uploads an avatar yet: https://en.gravatar.com/site/implement/images/

Thanks!
192.MY.ID: Forum ISP Indonesia.

Re: Feature request: Automatically generated avatar

Reply #1

There's already a feature.
In Admin, navigate to Forum -> Attachments and Avatars -> Avatar Settings

Check mark the box next to: Enable a default avatar for all users without their own avatar

Reply #2

Quote from: Burke Knight – There's already a feature.
In Admin, navigate to Forum -> Attachments and Avatars -> Avatar Settings

Check mark the box next to: Enable a default avatar for all users without their own avatar

Hi @Burke Knight thanks for replying but that's is not exactly what I requested.

Quoted from that setting:
QuoteWith this option enabled, a default avatar is shown for all users without their own avatar. The file named 'default_avatar.png' is located in the images folder inside the themes directory.

What I'm requesting is an unique generated avatar based on member email address, Elkarte already get the gravatar if it's available so it's an extension to get generated avatar if there is no picture available.

From my link above you may scroll to Default Image and several avatar options:
QuoteIn addition to allowing you to use your own image, Gravatar has a number of built in options which you can also use as defaults. Most of these work by taking the requested email hash and using it to generate a themed image that is unique to that email address. To use these options, just pass one of the following keywords as the d= parameter to an image request:
  • identicon: a geometric pattern based on an email hash
  • monsterid: a generated 'monster' with different colors, faces, etc
  • wavatar: generated faces with differing features and backgrounds
  • retro: awesome generated, 8-bit arcade-style pixelated faces

These are what I'm requested before. Hope it clearer now.

Thanks!

Reply #3

I'm pretty sure it's a duplicate of http://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=2346.0 can you confirm?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

oh, there is already a similar topic. yes, that is true @emanuele