Skip to main content
Topic: Where is the censored words listed in the files? (Read 2546 times) previous topic - next topic

Where is the censored words listed in the files?

...I had in mind to copy-paste a lot of words to change them into something else, and was about to do it without using the forum interphase (to save time). So, where can I find my current list of words in the files?

Best,

Auctor Lucan

Re: Where is the censored words listed in the files?

Reply #1

It should be a table in your database, but I'm not sure about the table name.

Reply #2

I have searched the tables and didn't find one with "censor" in it. Hope someone can look it up. :)

Reply #3

I think they are under table _settings where censor_vulgar is used for the censored words and censor_proper for their replacements.

Reply #4

Searched for both, but no go so far. Could they go by some other name?

Reply #5

If you do not add any, none will be there. ;)

Reply #6

I have added, no worries there.

Reply #7

I don't know how you did your search, but for me, I simply typed censor_vulgar in my elkarte database search column in phpmyadmin, select all tables and the result shows that it is in the _settings.

I am not sure how hard that can be but that's how I did my search for it.

I guess adding them manually is by adding that two things in _settings but for sample, you may need to find what you have added at the first place.

Oh yeah, mine is EA version 1.0.10 by the way, so I am not so sure about 1.1 if you use it instead.

Reply #8

Quote from: Auctor Lucan – ...was about to do it without using the forum interphase (to save time).

Hm... How much time was saved till now?  ;)

It's good to know whats going on in your database, but about the time... Not sure...

Reply #9

As @ahrasis said, they are in the settings table, one under censor_vulgar and the other under censor_proper.  They are serialize arrays using \n as the glue.  Really not the best to hand edit but use an online tool.

If you just want a profanity list, http://addons.elkarte.net/other/Censored-Words.html will save you some time , it changes a bunch of bad words (around 350 of them) to just say puppy.

Reply #10

Helps when not trying to do it on a phone, lol. Thanks! Found it now. :)