Skip to main content
Topic: Update : Google may deem your website not mobile friendly (Read 2354 times) previous topic - next topic

Update : Google may deem your website not mobile friendly

QuoteStarting November 1st 2015, Google will not encourage App install interstitials. ie, when you search Google through a mobile device and enter the website, you are provided with an option to install an app. According to Google, this is not a good practice. You are overriding visitor's choice to view information instead of providing mobile friendly content.

Read more

Re: Update : Google may deem your website not mobile friendly

Reply #1

Mine is marked as Mobile-Friendly already, with around 95% score. Yeah I know Elkarte has 98/99%, but I am still running SMF with an heavily modified default theme :P
And no, no popups.
~ SimplePortal Support Team ~

Reply #2

Quote from: Wizard –
QuoteStarting November 1st 2015, Google will not encourage App install interstitials. ie, when you search Google through a mobile device and enter the website, you are provided with an option to install an app. According to Google, this is not a good practice. You are overriding visitor's choice to view information instead of providing mobile friendly content.

Read more
Tapatalk acts this way, correct?
When you enter a forum there is a full screen pop-up that ask to install it
sorry for my bad english

Reply #3

One of the  many reasons why most experienced users think it's garbage ;D
~ SimplePortal Support Team ~

Reply #4

Nice initiative by Google, i don't need to shop through an app