Skip to main content
Topic: [ADDON] SimplePortal (Read 155429 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [ADDON] SimplePortal

Reply #375

I had a look in the new language files and a look again on those $_converted_6 etc.

This seems to be the "old settings" for the portalblocks, which could be done here under "advanced options" in the old version of the portal:

advanced_options.jpg

So I think, I can edit all those "converted profiles" now  or create new profiles in the visibility profiles list here.
So "$_converted_6" will become the profile "Show on portal and forum":

visibility_profile.jpg

Reply #376

Stupid question: i you click on the "edit" icon under actions does it give you the possibility to change the name?
If not, then I think it can be changed from the db as last resort.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #377

Quote from: emanuele – if you click on the "edit" icon under actions does it give you the possibility to change the name?

I made a try, Emanuele. This is what I see, if I use the edit-icon in the visibility profile list:

visibility_profile.jpg

I changed the name from "$_converted_6" to "Visible in portal and forum" and I also selected for this profile "Show on mobile":

edit_profile.jpg

And it is working without any error. It replaced that "$_converted_6" in the profile list and in the dropdown menue.

Those are a kind of "custom settings" or "custom profiles", therefore they are not in the language files from SimplePortal.
I will change the other profiles with this $ the same way.
Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 01:45:50 am by Ruth

Reply #378

Judging from the name, I think they are coming from the conversion silently done by SP during the upgrade.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #379

Yes...

I just wonder, how this was possible?

I deinstalled the "old portal" in my testforum before the update to 1.1.1. I also deleted all my themes. So I  thought, that everything in the portal had gone.

But in the new version of the portal I installed after the update all my "old portal blocks" were there again, with their settings for permissions, visibility and styling. The blocks with "custom visibilities" were getting those $ and the portalblocks with a custom styling were all "converted" to the default styling. So I just have to edit the old blocks and change their styling profiles or create new profiles for my custom stylings and I have to edit the new portal.css of course for some changing and adding there.

I am very glad about it, because this means less work for me.  ;)

But how could a new installed portal "remember" all this settings?
I hope, I did nothing wrong during the update to 1.1.1.... ::)

Reply #380

You uninstalled, but most likely you didn't tick the "remove the tables from the database" during the uninstall.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #381

You can rename those $-converted, or better you need to rename them, otherwise it will be difficult for you to recognize the profiles. Spuds explained that the new version of Simple Portal tries to create those visibility profiles based on your settings from your previous version of Simple portal. He also mentioned that the conversion of those profile may not work in some cases, in my test forum worked and imported everything without problems.
sorry for my bad english

Reply #382

Thank you both, Emanuele and Radu.

QuoteYou uninstalled, but most likely you didn't tick the "remove the tables from the database" during the uninstall.

No, I did not touch anything from the database, I would not dare to do this. O:-)

It seems a kind of "magic" ;)  to me, that all this portalblocks were converted. It is really great.

There are a few more $-converted profiles in my portal as there should be. More than I remember, I had used there ever. Some are looking just the same about the settings as others do, if I edit them (maybe they were just different in "show on mobile" or "don't show on mobile") and some were maybe not used at all, because  there is a "0 blocks" in the listing.  I think, I will delete them in my testforum.

Reply #383

This topic is getting to much pages, ;)  maybe someone wrote it already:

The drag & drop action is not working for the portalblocks, not in the adminpanel, it just seems to work.
 A moved block will be in the list on the new place, but not in portal.
There is an "Undefined offset error" in the log on line 837 in sources/admin/PortalAdminBlocks.controller.php 
(...index.php?action=xmlhttp;sa=blockorder;xml)

And in portal itself I cannot move a block from the right column to the left side, just to the middle.
There is also no way back to the right.
This little reset-button is missing. I have to delete such blocks, I have tried to move and create new ones.

New portalblocks  are always on the bottom. The dropdown-menu is not working for them, to give them another place.

Edit:

Those issuses are only with my first admin-account there. :o  With another admin-account ( or a test-account or as a guest) the portalblocks are displayed in  correct order, the same order as on the block-list in the admin panel..
Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 02:38:06 am by Ruth

Reply #384

Is Spuds gone?  Is this addon dead?

Reply #385

IIRC Spuds is sick, I'm just with my mobile phone since a week and no idea when the land line will be fixed, so...
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #386

Too bad, I hope we soon have a stable SimplePortal version that is compatible with Elkarte 1.1.1.

Reply #387

Quote from: emanuele – IIRC Spuds is sick, I'm just with my mobile phone since a week and no idea when the land line will be fixed, so...

Get well soon, @Spuds!

Btw: Why is every mentioned name two times in the list?

Reply #388

Found the icon issue:

Code: [Select]
                        'data-icon' => '',

Shouldn't that be a style name instead, like i-forum or such?

Reply #389

Yes, something like this is missing, kode54

Get well soon, Spuds!

Quote from: hartiberlin – Too bad, I hope we soon have a stable SimplePortal version that is compatible with Elkarte 1.1.1.

I think, the portal is already working nearly perfekt, most of the issues I had with one account in my testforum are completly gone now . (It was just something about the permissions, a four year old  portal-bug, which was somehow "converted" for this account)

So I think, a complete new installation of the portal will not cause such a lot of problems. ;)
I will start with the german translation for the SimplePortal language files this week.
Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 08:02:26 am by Ruth