Skip to main content
Topic: Registering New Member auto fills Admin data (Read 5624 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Registering New Member auto fills Admin data

Reply #15

Quote from: Spuds – Coolness ...

The honeypot is good for some cases, when you add it anything below that point will not autofill so its not very selective or you have to arrange your form just right.  On the plus side it will work with JS off, so for some that could be a plus.
+1

Quote from: Spuds – We should really just add that timeout function for all browsers, its not going to hurt anything and allows us to call it as needed for more specific targeting.
Ohh, yup thats sound nice. Actually I was having some fun with chrome, as a result the checked slipped in.

So I think we should move forward with honeypot approach and keep the JS approach as a back up, thoughts?

Reply #16

Agreed ... I think thats what we have in the repo now as well (its all a blur :D).   The hidden field is named autofill_honey_pot in hopes that when someones finds it they don't think we are nuts for to long.

Reply #17

Quote from: Spuds – Agreed ... I think thats what we have in the repo now as well (its all a blur :D).   The hidden field is named autofill_honey_pot in hopes that when someones finds it they don't think we are nuts for to long.
There is a website which I use to find jobs, while surfing it I saw that it easily bypasses the chrome autofill thinggy. I haven't seen any sort of hack on it so far, but I'm trying to debug it out.

Reply #18

Recalling this, since it still seems to be a thing with Safari on macOS. It just delay fills the form regardless of what I do. It's especially annoying on user profile edits, where it fills out the user's email address field with my user name.