Skip to main content
Topic: Install previous patch first? (Read 2570 times) previous topic - next topic

Install previous patch first?

I haven't gotten around to installing 1.1.2 patch yet.  Do I need to install that before I install the 1.1.3 patch? Whatever you advise, will do this today.   Thanks.

Re: Install previous patch first?

Reply #1

Yes.

Reply #2

Done...all is well I think.
Have a look at the version number on the 1.1.2 patch install, says  "version 1.0" , but then says "emulating version 1.1.2", is this OK?

Reply #3

Oops, after the upgrade, members avatar pictures are gone from the index (main) page.  I have to refresh the forum loading in the browser for some of them to reappear.   Tried on Edge and FF...both showing same result.

If I go to the actual post of someone, or their profile, the avatar shows. When going back to the main index page, the avatar now shows (if I first visited their profile or post)
Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 12:19:34 pm by elk_is_cool

Reply #4

Actually, the 1.1.3 version is wrong, it should have been 1.0. This is the version of the *patch*, because if for any reason a new version of the same patch is released, the number should increase.
I guess yesterday I was very tired and mistyped the number while applying the usual couple of tweaks.

Quote from: elk_is_cool – Oops, after the upgrade, members avatar pictures are gone from the index (main) page.  I have to refresh the forum loading in the browser for some of them to reappear.   Tried on Edge and FF...both showing same result.

If I go to the actual post of someone, or their profile, the avatar shows. When going back to the main index page, the avatar now shows (if I first visited their profile or post)
hmm... absolutely no idea what the issue could be. 1.1.3 didn't change much, only 3/4 files changed and none of them was related to avatars or attachments (as far as I remember).
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

Can you you guys have a look and see if it is happening on your end?   It randomly doesn't display the profile avatars on the main page.  Try hitting refresh on your browser while on the main page of the forum and watch some of the photos next to the member disappear, hit refresh again, and they reappear.  I don't have many members as of yet, but the four avatar photos are enough to show whats happening.  It's really aggravating at least for me (which would make sense).     :-\

BTW....I performed ALL maintenance options in Elks admin panel, which said there were no errors, but this problem persists.

Update:
I just reverted back to V 1.1 and still have the problem.  So, its not the patches.   Also, I checked my error_log using FTP and it reads like a novel...  is it OK to post or would that be a security breach for my forum?
Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 08:25:40 pm by elk_is_cool

Reply #6

You can use the full install zip and extract it to overwrite your forum files in order for you to update to the latest version. So far it works well on mine. You have to remove install folder and may have to reinstall your favicon.ico and mobile.png, if you use it a custom one in your root and default theme folder.

Reply #7

At that point, I think it may be a server issue...
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #8

I have a fresh copy of my forum just migrated to 1.1.1 and then updated to 1.1.2 and finally to 1.1.3 but I cannot reproduce this on my forum, all the avatars are correctly displayed.
sorry for my bad english

Reply #9

Thanks guys.  I may do what ahrasis suggest and use the full install zip, or since I don't have many members yet, I was thinking of just doing a fresh install anyway. 

Here is from the error_log in root,  I am showing the first and the last comment, it goes all the way to a comment on line 8971!  Let me know what you think about the error log, is this normal to have this large of an error log?  And what's it all mean?

1st line 0:
[03-Jan-2018 20:48:15 UTC] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20131226/apc.so' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20131226/apc.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

Last line  8,971:
[17-Mar-2018 22:05:22 UTC] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20131226/apc.so' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20131226/apc.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

Reply #11

Quote from: emanuele – At that point, I think it may be a server issue...
Agreed. If you are on paid hosting, do contact your provider. If you are on your own server, you will need to ensure the reported extension is properly installed.