Skip to main content
Topic: Colored Usernames  (Read 3481 times) previous topic - next topic

Colored Usernames

I have seen this ask on just about every forum software support site, if not a built then a mod. It's to have the colored usernames appear everywhere on the forum. So admins names would be red or color set to and so on and so forth.

Re: Colored Usernames

Reply #1

They are coloured. Yours is coloured grey. Just sayin'.
Master of Expletives: Now with improved family f@&king friendliness! :D

Sources code: making easy front end changes difficult since 1873. :P

Reply #2

On my forum it only has the colored names in the info-center, color doesn't show any where else on the forum. Like posting profile- last poster etc...

Reply #3

It always bothered a bit the fact that names in certain places are colored and others are not. It's a kind of inconsistency to me.
TBH I've never seen the need to have colors at all, but that's me.

I would see more effective something like "use colors" (and in that case use them everywhere) or don't use colors (and in that case don't even ask to pick one).
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

I agree with you on that, either have them everywhere or don't have them at all.

Reply #5

Oh how I love you, Antechinus :)

Reply #6

Quote from: Allan – I have seen this ask on just about every forum software support site, if not a built then a mod. It's to have the colored usernames appear everywhere on the forum. So admins names would be red or color set to and so on and so forth.
Since I've used up my quota of mentioning Wedge for the week, I'll just mention in passing that yes, I agree with you, and yes, I implemented that in a certain software that I shall not mention again for some time. I promise. Well I'll do my best. O:-)

(Would anyone from Elk create an Elk topic over there in the off topic or smf board? That would be the least I can do for you guys not banning me from here just because I always have this itch to discuss my proud work :P)

(and yes, feel free to get inspiration from my code, it's in Subs-Template.php)

Reply #7

Quote from: Nao –
Quote from: Allan – I have seen this ask on just about every forum software support site, if not a built then a mod. It's to have the colored usernames appear everywhere on the forum. So admins names would be red or color set to and so on and so forth.
Since I've used up my quota of mentioning Wedge for the week, I'll just mention in passing that yes, I agree with you, and yes, I implemented that in a certain software that I shall not mention again for some time. I promise. Well I'll do my best. O:-)

(Would anyone from Elk create an Elk topic over there in the off topic or smf board? That would be the least I can do for you guys not banning me from here just because I always have this itch to discuss my proud work :P)

(and yes, feel free to get inspiration from my code, it's in Subs-Template.php)
You could repay Spuds and Emanuele by submittings PRs :P

Reply #8

I could, but that would mean installing ElkArte somewhere, wouldn't it...?[1]
And installing it means testing it, and potentially getting inspired to do things the same way, and... Well, I definitely don't have time to look into other implementations! :'(
Okay, maybe I could submit PRs for fixes to bugs I find in Wedge and that I later confirm to be in SMF as well. But I haven't found any in a few weeks now.