Skip to main content
Topic: [ADDON] SimplePortal (Read 155489 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [ADDON] SimplePortal

Reply #540

Quote from: Arantor – Well, the cPanel link goes to an HTTP site not an HTTPS site and I don’t even see the form tag for the login form so definitely don’t see how that’s going to work in a secure fashion since for it to not show the warning it needs to be in a form tag with an action whose URL starts with HTTPS…

You may have mistaken what login form I meant.
The cPanel one I am waiting on fix for from server guys.
The one I need help here with, is the forum login form in the SP User Info block.

Reply #541

No, I wasn’t mistaken. If you read what I said you’ll note I referred to the login form that doesn’t have a form tag (so the browser doesn’t know if it’s secure). While I was looking at the markup trying to work out what was going on,  I happened to notice the cPanel one.

Reply #542

Quote from: Arantor – Well, the cPanel link goes to an HTTP site not an HTTPS site and I don’t even see the form tag for the login form so definitely don’t see how that’s going to work in a secure fashion since for it to not show the warning it needs to be in a form tag with an action whose URL starts with HTTPS…

Yes, I see where the original code for the cPanel login was missing the closing form tag.
Guess it caused the issue with the user info form, due to be above it.

Reply #543

Here's another question for someone:

I remember there used to be addons for SP, like Shoutbox Tags.
Has anyone ported any of these over?
I especially would like to have the shoutbox tags back. :)

Reply #544

What do you mean by  Shoutbox Tags ?

Reply #546

Ah .. that, thanks for the reminder.

I'll need to check into that, for some reason I have a foggy memory of there being some large issue with that functionality.  Be nice if it tied into the sites @username functions, that way you could get a notification of your choice.

Reply #547

Where do I remove the greeting from the front page

Welcome to SimplePortal!....

rick

Reply #548

Quote from: Hometutor – Where do I remove the greeting from the front page

Welcome to SimplePortal!....

rick

Found it Simpleportal>Block List
Last Edit: May 29, 2022, 01:10:41 am by Hometutor

Reply #549

Any idea why I have two search boxes since I installed Simpleportal? It's not the quick search I moved that.

https://gottac.info/ucaninvest2/index.php

Rick

Reply #550

That search bar is added by call_template_callbacks('th', $context['theme_header_callbacks']); line in index.template.php. 

Did you make any edits in that file? 

IF you did, you could try turning off the show quick search option in the admin control panel or rename the template_th_search_bar function in index.template.php, just remove the "th" from the name so it will not be called by the above function.

Reply #551

That unfortunately made no difference.  I did note there's only 1 search box in the admin section.  No edits were made.

Rick

Reply #552

I'll setup a "fresh" site with SP and see how that could occur, should be easy to find.

Reply #553

Any luck?

Rick

Reply #554

Its on my list ... will be tomorrow. Had to:firefighter:some 2.0 issues