Skip to main content
Topic: Admin Logs :: Quick Search Location (Read 2942 times) previous topic - next topic

Admin Logs :: Quick Search Location

Logs>Adminsitartion Logs

See what you think about this. Move the Quick Search function to the left of the screen. Break it away from the Clear Log and Delete Selected options.    Also remove the vertical bar that sits to the right of the Go button.

Attached image shows new placement. Bar still there because I was too lazy to remove it prior to the screen cap.   :)

Re: Admin Logs :: Quick Search Location

Reply #1

I like that since it looks less cluttered, the problem will be when you have multiple pages (see attached).  Could just leave the page bar at the top I suppose, but that can be a bit clumsy.

Reply #2

Well crap! Did not consider the page number. Which brings up something else is that the Error Log when empty has a page number 1 on the bottom left. The other screens for various Logs ( except BadBehaviour ) do not display a number when the Log file is empty. Not a bug as much as simply a design choice I suppose.

Maybe it would be better to put the search bar at the top. If not then maybe move the page number to the right of the delete option?

ETA: add BadBehaviour
Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 09:05:47 am by Aggelos

Reply #3

I could see the QS at the top right above the table working, and that is probably more useable as well.

You really don't want to move the page number from where its located, trust me :P

Quote from: Aggelos – Which brings up something else is that the Error Log when empty has a page number 1 on the bottom left. The other screens for various Logs ( except BadBehaviour ) do not display a number when the Log file is empty. Not a bug as much as simply a design choice I suppose.
I think we were going for "don't show the page index if it was only one page" look, sounds like we missed a couple.  Or I'm just not remembering correctly which is often the case.

Reply #4

Quote from: Spuds – You really don't want to move the page number from where its located, trust me :P
LOL

Quote from: Spuds –
Quote from: Aggelos – Which brings up something else is that the Error Log when empty has a page number 1 on the bottom left. The other screens for various Logs ( except BadBehaviour ) do not display a number when the Log file is empty. Not a bug as much as simply a design choice I suppose.
I think we were going for "don't show the page index if it was only one page" look, sounds like we missed a couple.  Or I'm just not remembering correctly which is often the case.
Yep, that was the idea, and well we "missed" a lot of places, including message index and display.
Anyway I don't like that much how pages are styled anyway... :-\
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.