Skip to main content
Topic: Search Results Interface (Read 3573 times) previous topic - next topic

Search Results Interface

Search results interface is not clear and everything looks mixed up when you are not searching in messages. (first screenshot) When you are searching in messages, it looks better but the quote button is cut and padding for message container doesn't look pretty. (second screenshot)

Re: Search Results Interface

Reply #1

I guess it's the same as I reported here:
http://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=1926.0
It's fixed, but not yet uploaded here... :-[
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

I'd update the site but I'm currently on my cell phone data and can't spare the data usage ATM, sorry !  I do believe we fixed those layout issues.

Reply #3

Try it now with the site updated, it should be fine. ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

The only differences I see from the screenshots attached above are extra border-bottom on both views (good for separating the content) and background color/class for containers on the results page with message content view. So the buttons/content getting cut as seen in the second screenshot still persists. I also think the message containers need some more padding on both views (particularly the one seen in the first screenshot). The alignments for the stuff added as a part of quick moderation with checkboxes doesn't look pretty to me either.

Reply #5

Ahhh... it happens only below a certain resolution.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #6

Agh ! ... We need to start asking what screen resolution was in use for bug reports, the responsive design adds another layer of things to "look at" when we have layout issues.

Quote I also think the message containers need some more padding
I though I had set the (non compat one) to be the same as the rest of the site, will check again!

Quote The alignments for the stuff added as a part of quick moderation with checkboxes doesn't look pretty to me either.
You mean it being centered in the message text vs say top or bottom aligned ?

Reply #7

Okay, I think I got the main problem: where there is a long link in the result page, at certain resolutions (table-sizes) the display:table and display:table-row combined with some odd overflow, push the numbers and the quick moderation checkboxes off the screen.
For example, if you search "test" here on this forum, one of the results is this message that contains very long links, and the layout shows this odd style.
I tried just changing to display:block, but a double border appears.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #8

I took a basic crack at this ... increased the whitespace in the results and fixed the right side clipping of both the quick buttons and the text.  Not perfect but I think its better, still needs some work.  What I did is on the site now.