Skip to main content
Topic: Add an sceditor ctrl-enter (split quote) toolbar button (Read 6803 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Add an sceditor ctrl-enter (split quote) toolbar button

Reply #15

Good to know ... I have been switching over to pale moon to replace firefox (based on Fx core), you may like that as an alternative to chrome on android (or anywhere)
Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 12:58:11 pm by Spuds

Reply #16

Last time I tried firefox on android it was pretty poor.  Just installing it today it still seemed slow.  I'm guessing anything based on its core is going to be similar.

For this feature though (which I've received a lot of positive feedback over already) it's too bad it doesn't work quite right in the default android browser.  I still think it would be a good thing to put into Elk though.  Even for those not on a touch device having the button in the toolbar announces the feature and the keyboard shortcut.

Reply #17

Elk is using a custom version of sceditor right?  Is that code available un-minimized somewhere?

Reply #18

Agree on Fx being slow or bogging down the system.  I would have thought PM (based on the same core) would have been the same but so far I've been surprised at how much quicker it is.  Seems it may not be Fx core that is a bit doggy but all the crap in the Fx interface places on it.

I think it may be a good thing to add to elk sce toolbar as well, we could slide it in to 1.02 I'd think but maybe @emanuele will be a voice of reason :P

Reply #19

Quote from: scripple – Elk is using a custom version of sceditor right?  Is that code available un-minimized somewhere?
Its not really custom, its several of the 1.4.6 fixes rolled back in to the current version. 

1.4.6 did a lot of restructure, much more than a X.X.1 should do IMO but then I'm no angel when it comes to that either.  Anyway I did not feel comfortable with going to 1.4.6 (still underdevelopment anyway) given how particular the editor can be, so I backported some key fixes.  I believe I have a gist on it, let me find that.

Reply #20

Quote from: Spuds – I think it may be a good thing to add to elk sce toolbar as well, we could slide it in to 1.02 I'd think but maybe @emanuele will be a voice of reason :P
Yep, I was thinking to propose the same... O:-)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #21

So chrome and chrome beta on android only fire mousedown before returning focus to the text area if you have the keyboard up and you haven't typed anything.  So the click function never fires.  You can get click to work by pushing the button twice.  The first dismisses the keyboard the second sends the click.   However the causes the effect to happen at the end of the next word after the cursor rather than at the cursor location.  This is for all the buttons not just the splittag one.  So using bold as an example.  If it goes "dog [cursor here] cat mouse" and you have the keyboard up but haven't typed anything pushing bold once will do nothing.  Pushing it a second time will insert bold markers between cat and mouse instead of between dog and cat.

Emoticons insert on first press, but if you haven't typed anything they insert into the wrong location just like above.

Using mousedown instead of click seems to make thing work, but you don't return to the text area after the event so you have to manually scroll back down.

Reply #22

This seems to be related to the keyboard appearing or disappearing causing a page resize event to fire.

Reply #23

@scripple has come up with a proposed fix !! I have updated the site with the editor updates (plus one fix I forgot to pull in  :-[  so lets see how that goes.

Reply #24

Feature is there now! :D
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.