Skip to main content
Topic: Basic Theme Customisation (Read 3882 times) previous topic - next topic

Basic Theme Customisation

Are there any pointers to creating basic variations of the default Elkarte theme?

Editing core colour palette, fonts etc?

Otherwise I guess I'll be writing one.

Re: Basic Theme Customisation

Reply #1

There are around some examples made by TE to show how change the aspect (see the custom themes section), but I don't think there is any "documentation"... we lack quite a bit of documentation in fact. O:-)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #3

I did change the css of the default ElkArte theme for a soon migrated SMF forum of mine. If you need this file (you can look for changed colors then and have a quick overview of which places must be revised) feel free to ask.

Reply #4

That would be helpful, thanks. Superbusy at work which has put my migration behind.

Reply #5

Good for you I made a custom css file without all unchanged entries. So I can attach a file later with all neccessary changes to change the color of the theme. ;)

Reply #6

That will be great Jorin.

Reply #7

Indeed! :D
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #8

Here they are. One with green colors and one with blue colors. Some of the changes are not only for color changes but for optical changes too (no round corners etc). But beware: They are not tested yet. Hope they can be of help anyway.

Reply #9

Thanks @Jorin

Reply #10

Great!

Maybe in the next days I'll try to upload a diff, in order to highlight the differences and try to make it easier to find them. ;D
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #11

I made a mistake. The green one isn't cleaned, sorry. And the blue one has some problems with some links, for example author in board index, which isn't colored anymore. Such a mess.

I will begin from the start and will post a correct one soon. Sorry again.

Reply #12

So, here's the final one. No errors in it, but maybe more changes than just colors. But it's something to work with.

Reply #13

Thanks, will take a look.