Skip to main content
Topic: Notify me if I am quoted (Read 12014 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Notify me if I am quoted

Reply #30

Does it make sense?

Reply #31

Needs a lot of space, but is awesome!  :)

Reply #32

I like that way rather than the drop down. It is easier. But toggle to close each would be nice if that list becomes longer.

Reply #33

Sorry for the confusion, but this is the admin panel!
There an admin can enable/disable notifications and the way members can select to receive notifications.
For example in the first screenshot, only @mentions and quotes are enabled, on the first any user can request a daily summary email of their mentions, while only notifications are available for quotes (i.e. members cannot ask to receive emails).
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #34

I think I would want multiple notifications for some things. For instance, if someone registers on a closed forum I would want something on the page and something sent to my email if I am not on the page. So, this page would need to be reworked. I think a tab with multiple selections per type of notification would be what I want here.

Reply #35

I'm not sure I understand.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #36

Quote from: Joshua Dickerson – I think I would want multiple notifications for some things. For instance, if someone registers on a closed forum I would want something on the page and something sent to my email if I am not on the page. So, this page would need to be reworked. I think a tab with multiple selections per type of notification would be what I want here.
I can already see that in the images posted by emanuele. I only understand that you want notification to be managed in one page. I agree with that as it will be very admin friendly.

Reply #37

No. It's clear what Enable the notification of this event does, even if the wording is muddy. Maybe something like Enable user notifications of this event   ?

It's not clear what Immediate Email, Daily Email or Weekly Email options do. Perhaps a header above it to organize this, saying: Enable user emails of this event, a check of which would enable all three email options by default, underneath which your three email option checks would be placed?

Reply #38

If wording it's the only problem that's good! :P
There is a not, but it's at the very top (outside the screenshot) and... I feel it is not really enough.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.