Skip to main content
Topic: Bounties (Read 5048 times) previous topic - next topic

Bounties

There are quite a few new people around and they are asking for features or changes. None of us really have a lot of time (I do but I generally don't want to write features that don't help me) or money. I suggest adding Elkarte to a bounty program like BountySource and telling people that if they really want something fixed or added, they can put up some money to make it happen faster. It's free and open source, but adding some money to it incentivizes developers.

Re: Bounties

Reply #1

I agree. Myself, I work for free. But we can use it for betterment of ElkArte.

Reply #2

or ElkArte join Patreon. :P I think it an interesting service to support anything monetarily in a stable way.
192.MY.ID: Forum ISP Indonesia.

Reply #3

If you guys create a written tutorial (better if video) or maybe a book, then I will definitely buy it !
QuoteGive a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

- Maimonides

P.S., many folks in Patreon are doing video tutorials and making money. So why not take this opportunity. Make a video tutorials about ElkArte and use Patreon to make you money. I will support definitely you ;)
Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 11:32:23 pm by anagnam

Reply #4

There is something like charter member in certain forums. You get improved support for a small fee. Say $5. If we get more members to it, it will be great for economic status of ElkArte. I can pay $5 if you start one. :)

Reply #5

@emanuele always said he doesn't want to earn money with ElkArte or the support, and I'm really pleased with this attitude. I think if the ElkArte team will establish this kind of two-class society a lot of the spirit of open source and a helpful community will be gone.  :-\

Reply #6

Will you and me judge and support people based on their membership status ? Certainly no. No matter what we say, money is required for many things related to ElkArte. Hosting being the first of it. Personally, I would not deny any monetary support to ElkArte.

Reply #7

You said:

Quote from: Wizard – You get improved support for a small fee.

Isn't that different support based on the fact that you paid the fee or not?

I would spend to thank the devs for their work, yes. But not for better support - their support can't be better at the moment!  ;)

Reply #8

Your choice. Stay free then.

Reply #9

Since there is no fee system right now I don't need to make a choice.  :D

Reply #10

@Wizard you create in the last days many posts and answers. In my opinion, some of them are unnecessary if you were looking for more on the net with the help of Aunt Google. If you want to create a forum system addons and theme, you should be more to read in this forum system. Accordingly, your requests in "Bounties" must be created. And for that you haved to donate a few bucks. Have you ever thought of yourself?

Open Sources is to remain free. I also demand nothing for the development of my addons and theme. And not responsible for support to.

Regards Stephan

Reply #12

Yes, i have it.

http://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=2821.msg21283#msg21283

http://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=2821.msg21287#msg21287

I have many years the development of phpBB pursued and involved to it.  I like this blue color scheme.

And also have styles for phpBB created.  It's just ridiculous what they're trying to say here.

Reply #13

The project is free and open source and like that shall remain.
That said, if anyone is willing to pay to have a feature built, and then that feature is shared back with the community in the form of a pull request, I don't see anything bad (let alone ridiculous).
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.