Skip to main content
Topic: Any way to install multiple Themes easy? (Read 3849 times) previous topic - next topic

Any way to install multiple Themes easy?

Like installing every one of them easy and peacy? :)

I can do the manual thing of it, one by one - but would be nice with just easy installation of every one of them in one swoop and go :)

Dearly Regards
- Darkijah

Re: Any way to install multiple Themes easy?

Reply #1

I'm not sure I understand this, you can install themes from ACP, -> Configuration -> Themes
sorry for my bad english

Reply #2

He wants multiple themes install in one go, which is not possible, and I don't think that other softwares offer what he wants either.

Reply #3

Quote from: ahrasis – He wants multiple themes install in one go, which is not possible, and I don't think that other softwares offer what he wants either.
Well, at least we could remove the popup asking if you really wanna install it - and just get on doing it. That should be possible to remove ;)
Actually I can't remember how I installed multiple themes in phpBB, so... dunno. But overall, just would be nice to be able to do whatever the case. Like sitting and installing one after another is very tedious.

Reply #4

phpBB is more tedious. :D
Master of Expletives: Now with improved family f@&king friendliness! :D

Sources code: making easy front end changes difficult since 1873. :P

Reply #5

Might be, I can't remember - but in any case the popup of are you sure you wanna install this theme could be shot dead ;) At least it would make it more pleasent, just saying. In any case, I narrow my themes unto 2 for the moment after trying every one of them. Did you by the way have any themes for ElkArta outside the box that I might wanna try out? :)
I still need to test the Theme overlay for SMF, but - lots of things to do. Wanna try to also overlay it on my own SMF forum now installed in stabel. Moving forward testing both SMF and ElkArte although I think there are a good way yet - but it is moving forward for sure by the help of people, resarch and testing.

I'm still very confused of the menu's and going around it - but hopefully it will grow on me.

Thanks

Reply #6

That could be disable but manually I guess. There may be reason why a pop up is there asking for confirmation. I can only guess that installing a theme could potentially be dangerous to your site.

Reply #7

Quote from: ahrasis – That could be disable but manually I guess. There may be reason why a pop up is there asking for confirmation. I can only guess that installing a theme could potentially be dangerous to your site.

We wanna make it as pleasent for the users as possible - I don't really see a big reason for it coming up. Beside being an extremely annoying thing for the user like me. And installing multiple themes would not be a bad thing either, let user decide how to use it however he wants. And it just helps on the experience overall guys :) And we wanna have people enjoy using it, right? :)
So try removing the popup and see if anyone complains about it - I don't see why they would. And if they do, maybe they just need to accept they themself pushed the button!

And by the way, the user would already have pointed to the theme anyway by directory and all, so I don't see how he could mistake it anyway when pushing to install.

Reply #8

All you have to do is hit the Enter key. You don't even have to go looking for a button to click on the screen.

However, I agree the pop-up is not strictly necessary in the case of theme installation, as installing a theme is unlikely to break things anyway and it can always be uninstalled whenever you feel like it.

There's probably still something to be said for a warning pop-up in the case of mod installation, as people do tend to not read the instructions and then wonder why they have broken things. Less of an issue with hook-based mods, but it can still happen.
Master of Expletives: Now with improved family f@&king friendliness! :D

Sources code: making easy front end changes difficult since 1873. :P

Reply #9

You know in the old days we broke things and we did not have any need of any anoying warning popups. Just part of the use of things.
Anyway... Just my oppinion.

Reply #10

Quote from: Darkijah – You know in the old days we broke things and we did not have any need of any anoying warning popups. Just part of the use of things.

In the old days you broke things then complained there were no warnings stopping you from breaking things.

Reply #11

Quote from: Arantor –
Quote from: Darkijah – You know in the old days we broke things and we did not have any need of any anoying warning popups. Just part of the use of things.

In the old days you broke things then complained there were no warnings stopping you from breaking things.

Nope! Always hated unnesary popups and more clicks so please don't lay your opinion on sanity. Thanks.