Skip to main content
Topic: Icon shadows (Read 2751 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from Preparing for 1.1-dev

Icon shadows

Umm, so Elk Light's new board indicator icons, what exactly are they supposed to be? Flat? Curved? Glowing? I don't get it.

Re: Icon shadows

Reply #1

You mean those folder icons?  

Most (not all yet) icons have been replaced with SVG images, so that icon is the font awesome folder ... but the green, it burns my eyes :P we need to tone that down a bit.   In case why SVG?, the main issue with font icons was accessibility, some reading here for the interested https://github.com/blog/2112-delivering-octicons-with-svg

I'd also like to see a better up-shrink image, that chevron looks like something from private pyle

Reply #2

The folder icons, yes. I don't think they can decide what they are, if they're flat design or what.

Reply #3

I'd say flat since they were converted font icons, which are flat as text.

But they have a touch of shadow to indicate they are clickable (at least that's what the intent is)  .... We can probably find a better one than that one if its the shape that is falling flat :P

Reply #4

As I reported at github, I feel the shadow is a bit too much. I'd go with a maximum of a couple of pixels, just to give the hint.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

Quote from: emanuele – As I reported at github, I feel the shadow is a bit too much. I'd go with a maximum of a couple of pixels, just to give the hint.

I'd agree the shadow is a bit too much. Also, can you please decide on a light source? Uniform shadows make me gag.

Reply #6

I copied the shadow code from somewhere else in the theme >_>

Can tone down and give it a direction, though.

Reply #7

I vote to toss it out completely. :)