Skip to main content
Topic: That theme is WHITE! (Read 25400 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: That theme is ugly!

Reply #15

Quote from: tycms – In case you didn't notice, this is how the regular members see the "Report Post" button. Do you intend to keep it like this?

If it is the member's own post, then it is like this:

Ouch, thanks for reporting!

Re: That theme is ugly!

Reply #16

Is it really desirable to keep the "new" icon to the left of the topic title? (I know that this is inherited from SMF 2.1) When a topic is read, the topic title moves to the left whereas all the unread topic titles stay to the right of the "new" icons. Isn't this a rather inconsistent layout?

One more thing about the "new" icon: In case someone wants to remove it in SMF 2.0.x, it is possible to do this without editing the code just by replacing it with a transparent icon. In SMF 2.1 layout this is not possible.

p.s.
Well, I realize that this is controversial. In this layout the "new" icons are all aligned to the left, whereas in the old curve theme they are scattered all round depending on the title lengths. Aligning the topic titles or the "new" icons... It depends on how you look at things.
Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 10:55:39 am by tycms

Re: That theme is WHITE!

Reply #17

Aha I was not dreaming! I think I saw that dropdown menu some time ago, but I completely forgot about it, thanks!

And well...the "new" on the left is one of the things that would move somewhere else in my own theme. O:-)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #18

This is how guests see the topic icons:

Is the "poll" icon really needed there together with "locked topic" and "sticky topic" icons? It seems that a rearrangement is needed even if it is kept there. In general you could rethink about the design of topic icons and message icons as an whole.

Reply #19

The topic icons and the report to moderator pulldown items were addressed in a recent commit (and will show up here when they do!) ... thanks for reporting.

Reply #20

Quote from: TestMonkey – Yep! Just to note quickly, the moderation trick is nice, it surely saves space and even if you're not a fan of, it's only for mod-type of actions
I planned to add a similar trick for go up/down and pages (i.e. "move" or so...and maybe linktree and jump-to too), not yet sure where put it exactly yet, probably up-left corner or lower-right.

Quote from: TestMonkey – The buttons look too curve-ish though, we probably want that changed.
I told you it's far from finished! :P
 emanuele is not a theme guy, he needs quite a bit of time to change themes. O:-)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #21

On my local install (created from ElkArte repo today) on/off images are missing in the "core features" part of the administration center. (index.php?action=admin;area=corefeatures)

These are probably incomplete parts of the theme rather than bugs. That's why I am reporting all of these in this particular topic. I hope this is fine with you.

Reply #22

The "reply" is pissing off the "more" button... at least on my browser, have to check with others.

@tycms, I think it's better if we keep this topic about just the "minimalist" theme (i.e. http://www.elkarte.net/index.php?theme=3 ) and open a new topic if there are other issues with the current default theme. :)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #23

OK Emanuele, I will report anything I notice about theme 3 here.

Reply #24

TBH, I'm becoming addicted to that theme! lol
I really have to clean it up and fix it. O:-)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #25

I didn't realise you set it as default (again)... lol

emanuele haz to really fix it then... O:-)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #26

Arantor switched to another theme some days ago, the white theme actively hurts to look at because there's not enough contrast with things.

Reply #27

Today I pushed something:
1) avatar dimensions
2) cropped the name with css
3) changed some #666 to #222
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #28

emanuele is thinking the message index could change a bit too...

Mock-up made using Opera, so nothing working yet.

In other words, the idea is to get rid of the boring tabular aspect giving more result to what is (or should be) actually relevant (the subject that is bigger (1.3em) and in bold) and then fill up the huge space left with some not-so-relevant informations (starter, usual icons, last message with link, replies and views).
And use of a <select> for sorting.

Of course placing, order of elements, and so is mostly random.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #29

The Craw likes the default blue theme best.
~((0040 + 0x20) + (0b111 << 1))
"You never said something, for me, to penny mention work a barbecue pit." ~ Gilligan