Skip to main content
Topic: Two Boards (Read 7873 times) previous topic - next topic

Two Boards

Maybe have an announcement board and an introduction board? :p

Maybe a showcase board as well. :p

Re: Two Boards

Reply #1

emanuele feels there are already too many boards. LOL (From time to time I cannot find the addons board for example lol)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

Why don't you make the features discussion board a part of the general discussion board because the GD is for the discussion of the project so making the FD a child board of GD kind of makes sense. :P

Also, is addon another word for modifications?

Reply #3

Because development is different from general discussions? :P

Quote from: Mstcool – Also, is addon another word for modifications?
Yep.
Addon is for emphasize the fact that the preferred way it not directly modify the code, but use the several ways available to add to it.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

oh, nice nice.

So, is there gonna be an addon and theme site?

Reply #5

There is an addons board and a themes board can be added. If someone volunteers to create something external to the forum for "better" presentation, would be nice, but it's quite a bit of work and I'm too lazy to do. :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #6

You're not too lazy. You have enough to do with answering silly questions.  O:-)

But yes, a showcase would be fine. Maybe not as board, but as pinned thread.

Reply #7

Quote from: Jorin – You're not too lazy. You have enough to do with answering silly questions.  O:-)

Wait, are you calling my question a "silly" question? :o

Reply #8

Quote from: emanuele – There is an addons board and a themes board can be added. If someone volunteers to create something external to the forum for "better" presentation, would be nice, but it's quite a bit of work and I'm too lazy to do. :P

Just use the downloads system created by createaforum

Just port it and adddddd ittttt

Do it, you lazy bum. < -- said that with all my respect for you. :p
Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 09:06:34 pm by Mstcool

Reply #9

Quote from: Mstcool –
Quote from: Jorin – You're not too lazy. You have enough to do with answering silly questions.  O:-)

He was referring to his own questions  ;)

Reply #10

Exactly.

Reply #11

Quote from: Mstcool – Just use the downloads system created by createaforum

Does it have an open source license?
Of the two systems I see at sm.org none has a license that permits porting.
I (personally, you are free to do what you want) don't port code that is not OS because 1) I don't want to mess with asking permissions and 2) I don't want to inherit code that nobody will be able to touch because is kind of proprietary.
Of course that's just my feelings, anyone else is free to do what s/he prefers. ;)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #12

Quote from: emanuele –
Quote from: Mstcool – Just use the downloads system created by createaforum

Does it have an open source license?
Of the two systems I see at sm.org none has a license that permits porting.
I (personally, you are free to do what you want) don't port code that is not OS because 1) I don't want to mess with asking permissions and 2) I don't want to inherit code that nobody will be able to touch because is kind of proprietary.
Of course that's just my feelings, anyone else is free to do what s/he prefers. ;)

Nvm then. Lol

Quote from: Spuds –
Quote from: Mstcool –

He was referring to his own questions  ;)

Right, I knew that. ;)

Reply #13

This morning I changed a bit the boards structure.
Any objection? O:-)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #14

Oh, that's difficult. You should structure your forum the way it works for you and as long as the most threads are started in the right boards it's working fine for your users too, don't you think? If you ask three persons, you will get five different suggestions about how to organize and structure your forum. It works for me, but yes: I would change small things. ;)

For example I am a friend of the simple, elegant and easy way. A small amount of categories, no (or as less as possible) sub boards. As a speciality I spiltted my users into three groups: admins, developers and normal users, for whom I have created their own categories and boards. So normal users of any forum in the world (okay, only german speaking ones) have the possibility to ask questions about using ElkArte as a normal user. And I use a light, elegant and professional looking theme (a color variation of your light variant) 'cause information is what counts at this kind of forum, no great photo in the header or bright colors and thousands of smileys. I will show my forum soon in your showroom and will try to explain what I did with the theme and why I structured it the way it is. And sure, I will translate the board names for you. ;)