Skip to main content
Topic: Site Update 1/5/14 (Read 13118 times) previous topic - next topic

Site Update 1/5/14

I did a quick refresh to the site this PM, should be current with the github repo. 

Let me know if I missed something (did this as an incremental which means I sometimes miss some things  O:-) ).

Re: Site Update 1/5/14

Reply #1

Something is broken in mentions... :(
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

Well thats why we update the site, to see what we broke  :)

Something going on with the page layout as well, the topic "header" is very large

Reply #3

Looks like a firefox-only bug, due to the white-space: nowrap I suggested to fix the admin area: https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/issues/1202

That seems to work:
https://github.com/emanuele45/Dialogo/commit/297ae3209ed85cb6ac42167e54c8aa8ebb5023a0

Looking at that area of css, it seems that:
Code: [Select]
.windowbg.nopadding {
margin: 4px 0 0 0;
padding: 0;
}
is not used any more (I can't find any nopadding class).

And also:
Code: [Select]
h3.category_header form {
font-size: 80%;
}
seems not necessary, but I'm not 100% sure.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

Yup and Yup ... I'd say remove those two sections, I can't find them used anywhere now.

Reply #5

Did another bump this PM to fix some some bugs we found with the last update ... May have to refresh your cache to get all the changes.  The new variant should also be available now  :)

Reply #6

I don't know if it is a site theme thing or what but those giant avatars on the boardindex are really distracting.

On another note, I think you should advertise the Git repo more. Like a Github icon in the footer. Link to the repo in "This is a list of the awesome people who have contributed to ElkArte on Github."

Typo on home page: "BSD-3clause" "BSD 3-clause" and you should link to the license there.

Reply #7

Quote from: groundup – I don't know if it is a site theme thing or what but those giant avatars on the boardindex are really distracting.
Be sure and clear your browser cache, we made some theme css adjustments, including a new variant, seems like there is some cache confusion.  Also seems the variant swapping does not quite work without a browser cache clear.
Quote from: groundup – On another note, I think you should advertise the Git repo more. Like a Github icon in the footer. Link to the repo in "This is a list of the awesome people who have contributed to ElkArte on Github."

Typo on home page: "BSD-3clause" "BSD 3-clause" and you should link to the license there.
Thanks, I'll see what we can do, we have it in a few places (redirect board, and a news item), but never hurts to add a few more.

Reply #8

yeah, I see those avatars on index. but following Spuds instruction to reload (CTRL+F5) without cache it's gone. :)

beta 2 is close then :D

edit:

I'm using be social but the result is strange... still WIP?

Reply #9

huh, that's probably a Caching issue or ... that's a mixture between the classic theme and the new "be Social!".. I can reproduce it as well, my local Version is completely different.

Edit: seems "clear file cache" from the maintenance tasks fixed it partially. Board index is good now, but the Display template is still a mixture.

Edit: seems like a bug in the caching engine, I now see a mixture with mostly "be social" and some small parts of the old light variant.
Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 01:56:27 am by TE
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #10

@Spuds: I've temporary disabled caching on this site, seem to have fixed those mixture.
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #11

Note: Just in order to get some Feedback / bug reports I have set the new "Be Social!" Variant to default.
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #12

like buttons have a z index that makes them show on top of the fixed menu.
Fixed menu in mobile is four lines. Takes up half the screen and there's no compensatory margin at the top.
Profile link (eg variant selector) is unavailable on mobile (also with previous variant). Making it impossible to change back.

Reply #13

Mobile: clicking a user name next to a post does nothing. No menu, no linking.

Relative time is off by 9 hours for me. I tried changing it last week to no avail.

<= darn empty subject!!!

Reply #14

I was going to report the z-index thingy but I've been beaten! :P

ETA: the z-index is not only the like, but also the quote and the new topic.

I'd say that the text of the buttons is a bit smallish...

And (but that is an Elk bug) when there is a new reply the subject of the topic in the linktree is empty! (Darn how many times do we have to fix that one?!?! :o :P)
Another general remark: I'm tempted to say let's cut down "next page" and"previous page" to "next" and "previous". Maybe add a "first" and "latest"? (Or maybe not :P).
Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 03:16:18 am by emanuele
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.