Skip to main content
Topic: [ADDON][WIP] In Line Attachments (Read 33677 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [ADDON][WIP] In Line Attachments

Reply #15

but it topic view I can see the image:

Code: [Select]
skodaclub.it/skodaelk10/
sorry for my bad english

Reply #16

Now I remember that bug from SMF days, its due to the $topic not being set when coming in from a portal page.  If you look at the links on those images they say topic=0.0  I'll get that fixed in a bit.

Reply #17

sorry if I insist, but was this solved? thank you in advance
sorry for my bad english

Reply #18

Not resolved but not forgotten either ... will get it fixed soon, I promise !

Reply #19

Please replace your ILA.subs.php with this one and let me know if it resolves the issue.

Reply #20

yes, the inline images are showed correctly on portal  ;D

there is another problem with the titles:
skodaclub.it/skodaelk10/index.php 
sorry for my bad english

Reply #21

Thats the floats acting up ... you can try adding

.sp_article_content .righttext {
clear: both;
}

to portal.css ... after the .sp_article_content selector.  May be a better way but that should work.

Reply #22

that worked, thanks!
sorry for my bad english

Reply #23

In the admin settings...what does "(ILA) Only show basic ILA menu" do?

Reply #24

Quote from: b4pjoe – In the admin settings...what does "(ILA) Only show basic ILA menu" do?
for now nothing, in the old version for SMF it was showing a dropdown menu from where you could set the position. Once set the position the mod adds the bbcode. For now ILA for  elkarte is WIP (work in progress) and you should write the bbcodes manually.
sorry for my bad english

Reply #25

Thanks for the info. I thought maybe I was supposed to be seeing something when I checked it...but I wasn't. :)

Reply #26

In these days I keep an eye on my error log and I found something regarding the ILA addon: when a user insert a .pdf attacchment and use the code  [attachurl=1] I get thison my error log:

Tipo di errore: Generale
Too few arguments: URL   http://www.skodaclub.it/index.php?topic=2388.0
File: /....***/sources/subs/ILA.subs.php
Riga: 56

---edit---
I know this addon is wip, but in the future would be nice to have responsive images inserted with  [attachimg=x]
Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 05:12:40 am by radu81
sorry for my bad english

Reply #27

Spuds: in the perspective to bring this into the code (at some point :P), what would you think if the attachments are created exactly the moment they are uploaded and passed the tests? Without waiting for the message to be posted?
Thinking quickly about it I would see as pro:
* [attach=1] could become [attach=123] where 123 is the attachment id (that should save some hassles),
it would allow to simplify the code related to handling attachments in session during posting (we could just store the attach id),
probably something else
In the con list I would add:
less "easy" to remove them when not used (well, not exactly but it would be slightly difficult to identify them)
the id attach could growth slightly faster.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #28

Quote from: emanuele – in the perspective to bring this into the code (at some point :P),
into the core, right? ;) I like the idea, I imagine this will not happen before 1.1 release
Quote from: emanuele –
* [attach=1] could become [attach=123] where 123 is the attachment id
I don't know if this is so good, because you also have to find a solution to convert the existing inline attachments for those who are using this addon. Some softwares like XF are using inline attachments into core and they are using the same bbcodes as elkarte attach=x and attachimg=x (where x is not the attachment id, but the id of attachment into that post) so you will have to do some extra work on open importer.
sorry for my bad english

Reply #29

Thanks for the bug report, I'll take a look. {eta line 56? could you post your subs file, in mine thats a comment line)

RE core ... yeah we have to think about this some for sure, they way it works now is complicated having to do the translation from post ID to real ID.  But then there are complications when you go to edit, so you would have to turn it around so it made sense to the poster (meaning =1 or maybe =attachment name) vs =123873 ... 

Actually I think its the quote checking that is the most complicated anyway, when I did the mod there was one user who really beat the heck out of it and found all sorts of cool usage cases that I had to work around.

I have not looked at that code since I posted the WIP  O:-) I really should !!
Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 09:00:43 pm by Spuds