Skip to main content
Topic: [Theme] Circles (Read 7992 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [Theme] Circles

Reply #15

Best looking theme I've seen anywhere !   Is any coding being done or is it still in the storyboard state?

Reply #16

Quote from: Spuds – Best looking theme I've seen anywhere !

Thank you!  O:-)

Quote from: Spuds – Is any coding being done or is it still in the storyboard state?

No coding done.  :(  I don't have the skills to work on this alone.

Reply #17

Wow. Just wow.

Implement such a theme would have two advantages:
1) have a wonderful theme,
2) face several challenges to make Elk even more flexible, because certain parts are quite different from the current structure and they would require some tricks, for example the "triple menu" (the buttons in the header, the "menu" just below and the other "menu" above the footer).
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #18

Congrats for the design, very original from what we are used to see on forums. Hope someone will code this ;)
sorry for my bad english

Reply #19

Thank you both.  O:-)

@emanuele You remember what I mentioned before?  ;)

Reply #20

Would the checkboxes always be shown? Not sure I like having those buttons on the left. It seems like a lot of wasted real estate.

Reply #21

Only if you have the permission to moderate the board.

I am not totally happy with the message index too. I think it can be much better with a little bit more time to think about it.

Reply #22

Nice design. I generally don't like the basic flat look myself (yes, I know it's currently fashionable) but this is a very good example of the type.

Should be pretty straightforward to code. Offhand I can't see anything particularly difficult about it.

Have you thought about the responsive side of the design, as in how things will fit on postage stamps, etc?
Master of Expletives: Now with improved family f@&king friendliness! :D

Sources code: making easy front end changes difficult since 1873. :P

Reply #23

Quote from: Antechinus – Nice design. I generally don't like the basic flat look myself (yes, I know it's currently fashionable) but this is a very good example of the type.

Thank you!

Quote from: Antechinus – Have you thought about the responsive side of the design, as in how things will fit on postage stamps, etc?

It can be dark or light, as shown in first post. The rest: nope, sorry.  :-[

Reply #24

Well dark or light is easy enough with variants, and doesn't affect layout. If you are looking to make it usable as a working theme (and people seem to want you to) it would be a good idea to think about how you want the design to look on non-desktop screens. What do you want to drop, and what do you want to shuffle around? Mock that up too, so you have what you feel is good design consistency combined with reasonable use of available screen space.

Once you have the concept sorted for a range of screen sizes, then I'm sure you could get people interested in helping with coding it. :)
Master of Expletives: Now with improved family f@&king friendliness! :D

Sources code: making easy front end changes difficult since 1873. :P