Skip to main content
Topic: Various Upgrades (Read 2041 times) previous topic - next topic

Various Upgrades

First upgrade was that the site was moved to a new server (night of 12/27) thanks to the work of @TE 

The previous server/VPS had an old software stack so the best thing to do was move to a new VPS.   So now we are running on one with more memory, storage, and processor power  :) More importantly we are now on PHP 7.4 and can move to 8.0 when we want.  We are also a more recent versions of Nginx (1.18) and MariaDB (10.3)

I mentioned it elsewhere but we also updated the site to run the current 1.1.7 patch to get some testing in (on php7.4) and get feedback for any remaining issues that we can fix in that patch.

So if you are reading this, you are now on the new server.

Re: Various Upgrades

Reply #1

Noticed the front page was broken due to a 7.4 issue .. its been fixed!

Reply #2

I just noticed I cannot attach images here
I tried different files, big, small, png, jpg, etc... the result is the same:

There was a problem during the uploading of file.jpg.
There was a problem and your attachments could not be uploaded, Your attachment couldn't be saved. This might happen because it took too long to upload or the file is bigger than the server will allow.

Please consult your server administrator for more information.

sorry for my bad english

Reply #3

I think auto mangle attachments failed to create the directory ... so lets see

Reply #4

hmm... I don't remember: is it normal the recent posts in the info center doesn't show the "Re:" prefix?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

That is because I set it to recent topics,  but the title did not update.   Maybe something else for 1.1.7 to update, it will never be donetm

Reply #6

Ohhh...! xD
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #7

Quote from: Spuds – That is because I set it to recent topics,  but the title did not update.   Maybe something else for 1.1.7 to update, it will never be donetm
Please do not say that. You will jinx yourself.  I humbly waited forever for System Machine Forums (SMF) 2.1 for over a decade now. It truly is never coming.  But with ElkArte we have hope.
I use Mozilla Firefox.

Reply #8

We have had 18 releases in that timeframe ... just every time I think number 19 is ready, we find another small bug to play with.  We will get there !