Skip to main content
Topic: Translator Credits (Read 4137 times) previous topic - next topic

Translator Credits

I was playing a bit with the transifex API to do something similar to what we do with the repo contributors.  The result is here: http://elkarte.spudsdesign.com/ in a separate Language Translators section.

The transifex api is pretty basic in what it supplies back, so no fancy list of avatars, just the screen name and a link to the transifex profile.   It also requires someones credentials in the request, in this case mine, so its done server side and saved in a file for 1 day.

Thoughts about adding this to the site ?

Not sure what we want to do in the credits area of the software, could do nothing, or point to the home page here should we add this, or grab the list on release date and add it as a txt string.

So thoughts about translation credits (I know some are also code contributors but not all, or not always all)

Re: Translator Credits

Reply #1

Under contributors (in credits) there is a "please refer to the official GitHub list of contributors.", we can add the same (in the same spot) for translators pointing to transifex.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

I made a lot of changes, but will never be listed there.  :'(

Anyway, no problem. I'm not translating to be famous! ;)

Reply #3

Where did you put your changes?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

I have revised all files, made many changes using Notepad++, and @TE uploaded them to transifex two days ago (June 29th). But I'm not done yet. I find something new which will better be changed nearly every day, and TE told me there are a lot of missing strings in my files. This has to be corrected, which I will do the next days. For now I make these changes only in the files I am using with my test installation.

Reply #5

Quote from: Jorin – I made a lot of changes, but will never be listed there.  :'(

Actually you are listed in the translator section when I pull the names from transiflex (you show up on the test site at least), see you are famous :D

Reply #6

Quote from: emanuele – Under contributors (in credits) there is a "please refer to the official GitHub list of contributors.", we can add the same (in the same spot) for translators pointing to transifex.
Sounds like a good location ... note that right now transiflex does not have  a"public" face, so we can add the link but to see anything you need an ID, they are not social just yet :P

Reply #7

Quote from: Spuds –
Quote from: Jorin – I made a lot of changes, but will never be listed there.  :'(

Actually you are listed in the translator section when I pull the names from transiflex (you show up on the test site at least), see you are famous :D

Hurray!

Reply #8

Updated the site with the new block and the code to populate it from transifex.  I also committed the updates to the site repo