Skip to main content
Topic: Stress relief (Read 32542 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Stress relief

Reply #90

Can't tell for sure, Great Smoky Mountains ?

I can see those looking to the east  :smiley:

Reply #91

It's about time, I was there back in June.

BTW  Fiona looks like it's gonna stay off the coast and gonna miss you, so it's safe to return home now, @badmonkey    :tongue:

// Deep inside every dilemma lies a solution that involves explosives //

Reply #92

Quote from: Spuds – Can't tell for sure, Great Smoky Mountains ?

Close! The view is from Pond Mtn NC. That's almost as far NW as one can go in NC. That said, here's absolutely as far as one can go in NC. Literally. 

Reply #93

Quote from: badmonkey –

Close! The view is from Pond Mtn NC. That's almost as far NW as one can go in NC. That said, here's absolutely as far as one can go in NC. Literally.

Yep, we slipped off 81 at Wytheville and dropped down to Lenoir, Blowing Rock, Morgantown, Asheville , on our way over to Gatlinburg. Pretty country all through there.. Looked all over for ya but you hadn't arrived yet..   :undecided:

Reply #94

Quote from: Steeley –

Yep, we slipped off 81 at Wytheville and dropped down to Lenoir, Blowing Rock, Morgantown, Asheville , on our way over to Gatlinburg. Pretty country all through there.. Looked all over for ya but you hadn't arrived yet..  :undecided:
You were close! Really, really close! 

Reply #95

Oh yea, and if you shoot a couple hunnert miles west-south-ish to Chattanooga and get up on top of Lookout Mt, just over the Georgia line, I think you can look back and see Pond Mt.  in fact there's a spot where you can see 7 states.: Tennessee, Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, Kentucky and Alabama. You gotta move about 10  ft. to the left of that to see Pond, tucked in between a couple big mountains about 1/2 way between Chattanooga and there...I think that's "Dolly World" at Pigeon Ford..  :laugh:

Reply #96

Looking at that geologic marker for Pond Mt., I'm reminded of the one I saw on top of Mt. Whitney back in 1970... besides the lat and lon and the date of placement (1903 or something like that), was the elevation:  14,496.811 ft.

I thought they had to be  :poop: 'n me..  nailed it to the thousandth of a foot?  In 1903? (That converts to  14,496 ft, 9.732 inches, not 9.744 inches or  9.720 inches, but 9.732 inches.. ). I wondered what the tolerance was they were working with..  maybe +/- 10% ?  :zany_face:

I love highly-precise approximations..

Reply #97

Next stop, Myrtle Beach. 

Reply #98

Gots a little bungalow there on a golf course, but I won't be there till next spring.. we keep missing..  :sad:

Reply #99

Quote from: Steeley – Gots a little bungalow there on a golf course, but I won't be there till next spring.. we keep missing..  :sad:
You must be near the north end, proxy one of the good seefood buffets. ;D Who knows, maybe we bump into one another sometime...

Reply #100

Quote from: Steeley – Gots a little bungalow there on a golf course, but I won't be there till next spring.. we keep missing..  :sad:
You must be near the north end, proxy one of the good seefood buffets. ;D Who knows, maybe we bump into one another sometime...

Actually, south, but there's good eats* all over ...  Guess I'll have to post up next time I'm headed from the left coast to the right coast..
(*when I leave here for there, I reduce the average girth of the population in both places..)   :waffle::waffle::pancakes::pancakes::butter::butter::bread::bread::meat_on_bone::meat_on_bone:

Reply #101

Can't get out this fall (yet, maybe, wishing)  ... so shop time is my stress relief  :smiley:

Reply #103

Quote from: Spuds – Can't get out this fall (yet, maybe, wishing)  ... so shop time is my stress relief  :smiley:

I'm a bit jealous  - I dug one of my own up from @ 20 years ago for comparison...(back when I still had the Yamahammer 850)

P1030699.JPG

My intent was to show a common thread - you and I have the very same white plastic trashcan! (but alas, it's not visible behind the woodstove - so you have to take my word for it :pleading_face:)

Reply #104

I do like how you store your propane tank next to the wood stove  :tongue: