Skip to main content
Topic: Sorting of categories and boards (Read 1838 times) previous topic - next topic

Sorting of categories and boards

Is it even possible? Don't know. But maybe it's a nice feature?

What do you think about categories and boards being sorted by every member for himself? Sure, they can collapse the stuff they are not interested in... But I'm sure someone who likes to discuss about in board A or B would like them on top of the index while another one who likes to read a lot in board C prefers this on top. So each member could arrange the categories and boards for himself - if he has the permission to do so and the category and board allows this (to be sure that all the important boards stay on top). What do you think about it?

Re: Sorting of categories and boards

Reply #1

Sounds like it could be a very useful feature on forums with many boards.

Reply #2

Hm... Add a "ignore board" feature to the topic. If a board is really boring, the user could set it to "ignore" and it will not be shown anymore, same as ignored users.

Reply #3

There is already an "ignore board" (in the profile), but it has some limitations, AFAIR.

I think that re-order the categories should be doable easily without much overhead.
Change the order of the boards depends how "far" you want to change it, if for example you would like to be able to move a board from the board index to be a child of another board (or vice versa a child become a "parent"), that would be quite complex I think.
I never thought deeply about it, though.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

Oh, I didn't thought about the possible variations if you want to move a board on top and it's colliding with another category. So the board must change it's category? :o