Skip to main content

Poll

Do you need a instagram field in the profile?

Yes
No
I do not care
Topic: instagram profile field  (Read 3758 times) previous topic - next topic

instagram profile field

https://www.instagram.com/ - Now this is a very popular site  8)
Sorry for my English

Re: instagram profile field

Reply #1

It is better for me if any image links from any website is auto translated to a fixed size framed picture in a post. We already have this right?

Reply #2

There is an issue open regarding more profile fields at github.
I guess we can add some more predefined, not hundreds, but we can have 10 or 20. :)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #3

Quote from: ahrasis – It is better for me if any image links from any website is auto translated to a fixed size framed picture in a post. We already have this right?
"Profile field"... nothing to do with storing images.
Anyway: there is a kind of proxying when the forum is https and images are on an http URL. But nothing more.
Why would you need to fetch the images? ???
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

I think I know profile field got nothing to do with storing images and istagram is a social site where you store images. Well, other social sites also has that ability too. So having istagram as a profile field is not as important as having image links to display image right away when pasted, in a fixed size and with frame, if possible.

Purpose? Simplify users from having to use bbc img each time they need to show a picture in their post.

Reply #5

@ahrasis see in attach

Reply #6

Quote from: ahrasis – I think I know profile field got nothing to do with storing images and istagram is a social site where you store images.
It was just a little ambiguous the way you put it, it seemed you interpreded the request in another way. ;)
Good to know we are on the same page.

Quote from: ahrasis – So having istagram as a profile field is not as important as having image links to display image right away when pasted, in a fixed size and with frame, if possible.
As usual, almost anything is impossible, and what you are describing is tracked at https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/issues/2505
As usual, if nobody works on it, it as important as it is perceived. :)
The feature is there, if you are a js-magician or if you know one, please feel free to give it a try and make it work. I tried, but I wasn't able to determine where the issue is. :-[
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #7

Edited: @emanuele, Sighed. Copy and paste image does work in EA 1.0 and 1.1 by turning WYSIWYG on in profile layout.
Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 10:01:51 am by ahrasis

Reply #8

Are you sure they are posted? O_o
Really?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #9

Yep. I tested on chrome. This site for 1.1 and my own test site for 1.0. Select copy image, paste it in either quick reply or post page. Both worked fine.

Reply #10

Ahhh, okay, what browser?
Most likely it is "just" pasting somehow img HTML tag that is later converted to the img BBC tag.

What I was thinking about was really an image from the clipboard, for example a screenshot, in that case, SCEditor (in certain cases that I still have to understand) converts the image to a base64 encoded form, and then it tries to feed it to the script that fails in multiple ways depending on several factors.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #11

Did you mean as an upload alternatif? That could be tougher i suppose. So far that I remember when I was using FB, they still use camera for direct upload like that and no screenshot can be loaded to it directly without using upload or camera.

I guess sceditor work only for clipboard image "with url" as it can immediately be translated as img bbc tag. Without it, it cannot link to it and display it as it is not yet uploaded and have a proper url link. May be sceditor is not for uploading image but only for loading and displaying it when it is already availabe?

Reply #12

Quote from: ahrasis – I guess sceditor work only for clipboard image "with url" as it can immediately be translated as img bbc tag.
When I wrote the issue I tested it. And it's working the way I reported: any image from the clipboad (e.g. screenshots) is translated to base64 encoded images and inserted into the text.
Actually, that part works in Elk version as well (I forgot that), but when inserted IICR there are two problems: 1) the size of almost any image will exceed the allowed size of a post (usually 65k chars), and 2) the base64 encoded is applied through an img tag with src as data:image that is then badly converted in BBC resulting in a broken image.

The additional issue is that AFAIK the "feature" works only in FF and derivatives (at least it doesn't work in chrome).
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #13

Interesting...