Skip to main content
Topic: Configure guest and new user options for this theme (Read 1878 times) previous topic - next topic

Configure guest and new user options for this theme

I went to Admin > Configuration > Theme Management > Member Options > Configure guest and new user options for this theme
and set on the setting Turn topic notification on when you post or reply to a topic

It seems it applied to all users since I found this setting applied to my account. Is this normal? Imo it should apply only to new users and not existing users.
sorry for my bad english

Re: Configure guest and new user options for this theme

Reply #1

Judging by your description, the behaviour seems more "configure guests and members that have never changed their settings".
If that's the case, then I think you are not wrong and it should not configure already existing members.

But it's a long time I don't look at that piece of code...
 emanuele has to study it again. lol
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

I see 3 options, I choosed the first one but it seems it behave as the second option. I use only one theme, and theme variants are disabled.

• Configure guest and new user options for this theme
  • Change current options for all members using this theme
  • Remove all members' options and use the defaults

Quote from: emanuele – Judging by your description, the behaviour seems more "configure guests and members that have never changed their settings".
it has sense, but I'm pretty sure I changed those settings in the past in my profile.
from 2780 users I see:
Configure guest and new user options for this theme (18 options currently set.)
Change current options for all members using this theme
Remove all members' options and use the defaults (1569 members currently using their own options.)
Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 05:10:08 pm by radu81
sorry for my bad english

Reply #3

As admin, it is affecting your own theme preference, but not other users, I think,

Reply #4

It smells, the smell of bugs.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

O:-) For now nobody complained, let's see how this will go in the next days 
I looked into some users profiles, the most active ones, and they have enabled that option. I'll doubt that they choosed to receive notifications by mail for every topic they post in... but I'm not sure
sorry for my bad english