Two weeks ago I started the Forum project on my website. A week ago I installed the ElkArte package. This afternoon, with the help and guidance of the members in this community, the Forum went live and began logging in new members!
When I started the project, I was concerned that I only had two months to install and configure the forum before the yahoo groups distribution lists folded up like a cheap lawn-chair. In other words, I anticipated this was going to take most of the following two months, to install, learn, configure and test the site and start migrating users, not a mere two weeks.
Thanks to all who provided assistance, explanations, and tweaks to get ElkArte working as I desired - you can put me in the "happy camper" group. 8)