Skip to main content
Topic: Suggest some good movies  (Read 6190 times) previous topic - next topic

Suggest some good movies

I kind of like Sci Fi, fantasy type of movies like Dejavu, The Matrix, Now You See Me, The Last Castle, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, The Greenmile etc. Any good suggestions are welcome.  :-[

Re: Suggest some good movies

Reply #1

Does it have to be movies? Or are TV series good too? Would highly recommend Fringe. Was a great Sci-Fi series.
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion, you must set yourself on fire!

Reply #2

Quote from: IchBin – Does it have to be movies? Or are TV series good too? Would highly recommend Fringe. Was a great Sci-Fi series.

Thanks. I will take a look.

But since I have to use a slow connection. I would like some movies which are less than 2GB. Less than 1 GB, better. ;)

Reply #3

Considering I don't know 4 of the titles you mentioned, I'm probably not the best person to give suggestions... lol
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

Scifi? My favorite too :) How about some recent ones?
- Looper
- Gravity
- Odd thomas
- Enders Game
- About Time.

Look them up on IMDB to see what they are about, maybe you find something interesting there.I liked them all, though About Time is a bit more drama than the others. Odd Thomas was a surprise, I only knew that actor from the Star Trek reboot, but he was great there too.

Reply #5

Finished Looper, Gravity and Enders Game. Will move on to other two. Thanks.

Reply #6

By the way, has HellBoy 3 released ? How is it ?

Reply #7

Hellboy3 is still being made, so no release until later this year I would reckon.

A few more worth watching:
- Elysium
- John Carter
- Oblivion
- Sunshine

:)

Reply #8

Thanks Colby. Already done with Oblivion. Will go through others. I normally try to get people's opinion on movies than IMDB listings. Help you get a better idea.

Reply #9

Agreed..some of these had a rather average rating on IMDB and was regarded by some critics as "failures" even , but as scifi movies they are all great. I can watch them more than once and for me that is a sign of a good movie. :) There are some turkeys though, like "After earth"..that one was just plain bad. Great CGI effects but the actors..ugh.

I am not sure which quality you see them in, but recommend 1080p bluray or at least 1080p BD rips with sizes 10gb+. Its just is so much enjoyable to get the dark areas in full etc.  especially on my eizo monitor which reveal bad areas pretty quick.

Reply #10

Lol, watched 'Last Vegas' yesterday. Nice movie.

Reply #11

@colby67 , I normally go for 720p movies.

Reply #12

@meetdilip 720p is good. :) My TV has only 720p, so when I watch film there its perfectly fine. 

So, anyone you liked more than the others?

Reply #13

My all time favourite is " The Matrix ". Also there is one Spilberg movie with Tom Hanks as hero. He was trapped in an US airport and is waiting extradition. The whole story deals with how he spend time. Sad I forgot that name.

My favourite actors are Denzel Washington, Jason Statham, Tom Hanks and a few others whose name does not come to my mind now. Yep, one more. The hero of Hitman.

Reply #14

The Terminal. Written by the guy who wrote The Truman Show and Gattaca. Not his best work though!