Skip to main content
Topic: [1.0.2] Wrong topic order in ssi_recentTopics (Read 1924 times) previous topic - next topic

[1.0.2] Wrong topic order in ssi_recentTopics

You can see it here: http://www.elkarte.net/community/ssi_examples.php
Look at time next to each topic, they are correct, but topics are not in correct order.

As far as I see ssi_recentPosts is working fine.

Re: [1.0.2] Wrong topic order in ssi_recentTopics

Reply #1

Looks like it's ordering them based on topic ID based on what I see in the links. Haven't looked at the code though. :)
Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion, you must set yourself on fire!

Reply #2

Yeah, I think it looks like that, even though the sequence is a bit odd... :-\
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #3

I think this came up with SP as well since it uses that function. 

If I recall correctly, it does show them in the order of most recent activity by topic, however the date that is shown is the topic start date not the date of the most recent post in that topic.

QuoteLooking at it the code, the date shown in the listing would be the date the topic was started.  The display order however is based on when the last post was made to the topic.  So a topic with the most recent posting is shown at top, although the date shown is date of the topic creation.  So I believe whats displayed is correct, although completely confusing !

Right now SSI does not return the last update date, only the start date ... I think that should be added in 1.01, until then in SimplePortal we could hide the date to avoid the confusion?

Maybe 1.03 then  O:-)

Reply #4

At the moment looks good, right?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

It should be fixed in 1.0.3, it was a bit messed up for sure.