Skip to main content
Topic: Do yourself a favour: point mugs at SourceTree (Read 15217 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Do yourself a favour: point mugs at SourceTree

Reply #45

The internet is 99% embarrassing. You'll get used to it.
Master of Expletives: Now with improved family f@&king friendliness! :D

Sources code: making easy front end changes difficult since 1873. :P

Reply #46

I honestly have no idea :D

Reply #47

I blame Wizard.

Reply #48

Dear diary,

This morning I had to update my local repo on desktop and my forked repo on ButtPlug. I had to do this because people at Elkarte are evil. They actually work on stuff and make changes, unlike the SMF repo which is static for yonks. :D

Updating my repos was really slow and painful. I made my first cup of coffee for the day, realising halfway through the process that no, I could not just pour the boiling water straight into my mug and get coffee. I had to pour it into the coffee plunger first, then into the mug.

Once the coffee-making process was sorted via Nature's pre-installed GUI, I then had to open SourceTree and fix the repos. This was a truly terrible experience. I already happened to have the Elk dev branch open from last time, so I was the forced to undergo the ordeal of clicking the button that said "Pull", then selecting the remote repo and branch I wanted to pull from. Then, as if this wasn't painful enough already, I had to click the "OK" button too. Why, oh why, did these evil bastards make things so difficult?

It got worse. I then had to watch a funny blue thingy go across the progress bar while I kicked back and sipped coffee. I'm thinking of complaining to the UNHRC about this. Seriously, I need some sympathy here.

Reply #49

Quote from: Antechinus – They actually work on stuff and make changes
And think there are about 120 bugs open targeted at 1.1 beta 1 that is meant to be released in about a month. xD
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #50

Yeah Spuds mentioned that was a "soft target". I'm thinking it's probably very squishy indeed. :D

Reply #51

QuoteIt got worse. I then had to watch a funny blue thingy go across the progress bar while I kicked back and sipped coffee. I'm thinking of complaining to the UNHRC about this. Seriously, I need some sympathy here.
LOL, you have my sympathy!

You have to love timezones ... 13hours ago I was sipping my morning coffee, now I'm enjoying my evening imbibe!  Up next, I'm about to watch some silly screen blurt out a bunch of stuff while I sip it.  Then again if you are hard core, I suppose timezones don't have anything to do with that :D

Quote from: Antechinus – Yeah Spuds mentioned that was a "soft target". I'm thinking it's probably very squishy indeed. :D
Shhh I have not convinced emanuele just yet, he may need some gentile caressing.

Quoteabout 120 bugs open targeted at 1.1 beta 1
HA, I'm just warming up, now that 1.0.5 is out I can really run wild :P

Reply #52

Quote from: Spuds –
QuoteIt got worse. I then had to watch a funny blue thingy go across the progress bar while I kicked back and sipped coffee. I'm thinking of complaining to the UNHRC about this. Seriously, I need some sympathy here.
LOL, you have my sympathy!
Right now I am so wishing I had listened to those people who told me to use the CLI.

Don't make the same mistake I did, kids, or you too may find yourself lying in the intensive care unit of a secure detox facility, constantly looking over your shoulder for cartel hitmen.

Reply #53

Quote from: emanuele – And think there are about 120 bugs open targeted at 1.1 beta 1 that is meant to be released in about a month. xD
1 week down to 99! Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #54

I appreciate your efforts to maintain the release dates and I understand it's not an easy task. Have some sleep and relax sometime ;)
Even if it will be released a few month later I will still use Elkarte :D
sorry for my bad english

Reply #55

Quote1 week down to 99!
I'm working to increase that :P

Reply #56

That's ambiguous!! LOL
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #57

And another week later down to... 98. xD
Ok, this week has been quite. O:-)

Let's try with the next one, I'll have a different shift so I may be able to either sleep more or work more, we will see. ;D
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #58

I've fixed a few in the branch I have open, although I don't think many of those were reported.  All things I found will playing with the httpreq class ... gets around 130 scruit issues as well.  Unfortunately I'm nowhere near done :'(

Reply #59

For all git fans!
http://xkcd.com/1597/

:P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.