Skip to main content
Topic: SQL tool? (Read 4670 times) previous topic - next topic

SQL tool?

At work I am using Toad to work with the database. Yep, I need to in the future, as I am changing from technical illustrator to an administrator for our graphic information system (I am working at an energy supply company - sorry if the words are a bit unusual, I must use Google translator a few times  :D  ) in the next years.

Is there any tool to work with the databases of my ElkArte installations? A standalone tool with a local installation? Not MySQL?

Re: SQL tool?

Reply #1

Have you looked at mysqldumper?  I used it once on another server.  Been thinking of installing it again.  Not sure what you want the tool to do.  It does pretty much anything phpmyadmin does.  Plus it will backup and restore large databases.  

Reply #2

I use MySQLDumper as backup tool. Didn't know it has a good SQL Editor too? I use Notepad++ too.

Well, I think I want to use a programm on my computer which connects to a set of databases, shows their tables, let me edit fields and edit the entries with SQL commands too. I know PHPMyAdmin can do this, but it's not really comfortable. There's no UNDO for example.

Reply #3

I use Adminer its a single file PHP based database manager.

Reply #4

How did I miss that? :o
LiveGallery - Simple gallery addon for ElkArte

Reply #5

Huh, that's awesome. I'd never even heard of it.

Reply #7

Toad costs more than 1.000 Euro as basis installation. Too much for a hobby.  ;)

Reply #9

try MySQL Workbench Community
Sorry for my English

Reply #10

Quote from: Jorin – Toad costs more than 1.000 Euro as basis installation. Too much for a hobby.  ;)
Ooops I didn't notice it required payment.... :-[

The other link, though, may have something interesting:

And what inter mentioned as well. :)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #12

Thanks for the information, @ahrasis. No problem for me though...

Reply #13

I have reported it but they also said it is working with theirs too. So it may just be my setup then.

Reply #14

I gave a "like", but then I realized, I don't want to like that your installation may have some problems.  :D