Skip to main content
Topic: Convert SMF to ElkArte (Read 38833 times) previous topic - next topic - Topic derived from How to install ElkArte Alpha?

Re: Convert SMF to ElkArte

Reply #30

The importer is supposed to import the plain forum structure (attachments, members, posts, topics, messages, polls and such stuff), not to convert a modification from SMF to ElkArte. If AEVA would exist for Elk, then it would be possible to import the data by extending the importer files.
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #31

Quote from: TE – ok, the attachments bug should be fixed within the repo. the new imorter should import the old attachments properly.

Quote from: b4pjoe – That other minor oddity is after the conversion if you click the button to shrink the header it will not expand when you click it again. Testing on a fresh install of Elkarte and it works fine. I can shrink the header and then expand it but on the imported forum if I shrink it the expand no longer works. Any thoughts on this?
I've tested this on my local repo and it's working fine.. IIRC the upshrink header is stored in $_COOKIE, can you please test it with a different browser or clear old cookies?

Thanks, that did fix the attachment issue but the uploaded avatars still don't show up.

I have tested the upshrink header on Safari, Firefox, and Chrome on my Mac. With all 3, if I shrink the header it shrinks. On all 3 it will not expand after that until I delete the cookies from the browser. Then if I shrink it again it will no longer expand until I delete the cookie again. This doesn't happen with a clean install of Elkarte. Only with a converted SMF forum. Also I checked the behavior on IE 11 under Windows 8.1 and it behaves the same as it does on the Mac. On just noticed under my settings it is set to "Use subdomain independent cookies". I have Elkarte installed on a subdomain if that makes any difference.

Reply #32

ok, i think I found the related DB setting. Can you please test this via phpMyAdmin:

Code: [Select]
DELETE FROM [icode]elkarte_themes[/icode] WHERE variable = 'minmax_preferences';

and 
Code: [Select]
UPDATE [icode]elkarte_members[/icode] SET id_theme = 1;

Not sure 100% if that helps but I guess it's related to the old id_theme, which doesn't exist in ElkArte.
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #33

Doing that does bring the header back but once you click the button to shrink the header it adds the minmax preference back into the database and the header will not expand again until you either clear cookies or delete that row from the database again.

Reply #34

That's very odd.
I can't think of any reason for the header...
Do you have a bit of time to check if there is any js error?
Using Chrome open a page of your test forum and shrink the header, right click on any point of the page (not important where) and select "inspect element", then select "sources", at the bottom you will see a kind of black circle (I think it's an octagon) with two small vertical lines, click on it until the tooltip says "Pause on uncaught exceptions". At that point try to expand the header (try not to hover any other "sensible" element like menus, etc. in order to avoid the developer tool to stop javascript execution, if that happens (javascript stops) press F8 on your keyboard).
Does it stops anywhere?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #35

Yes, there is a small yellow box on the screen that says "Paused in debugger" and in the right hand side of the screen there is a box for "Call stack" that is expanded and yellow box in there that says "Paused on exception: 'DOMException'."

Reply #36

Ok, on the left, there should be a line highlighted, could you copy and paste it here?
Or post a screenshot if you want.
Thank you very much! :D
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #38

Hmmm...tried performing that again and got a bit of a different screen. Here is the screenshot of it.

Reply #39

A couple of other theme oddities. Selecting the dark or basic theme shows up like attachment #1. Selecting "Light" shows up as in attachment #2. Which is darker.

Reply #40

AHA!

The news fader!
Got it, thanks!

ETA: this should fix it: in index.template.php
Code: (find) [Select]
						},
funcOnBeforeExpand: function () {startNewsFader();}

Code: (replace with) [Select]
						}',!empty($settings['enable_news']) && !empty($context['random_news_line']) ? ',
funcOnBeforeExpand: function () {startNewsFader();}' : '', '

The alternative is to move startNewsFader to script.js (or theme.js) and do the checks there or something, dunno.
Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 11:42:01 am by emanuele
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #41

Quote from: b4pjoe – A couple of other theme oddities. Selecting the dark or basic theme shows up like attachment #1. Selecting "Light" shows up as in attachment #2. Which is darker.
the variants aren't ready yet (still WIP) the one and only working version is IIRC "light."
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #42

Is there anyway to fix the uploaded avatars not coming over in the conversion?

Reply #43

Quote from: emanuele – AHA!

The news fader!
Got it, thanks!

ETA: this should fix it: in index.template.php
Code: (find) [Select]
						},
funcOnBeforeExpand: function () {startNewsFader();}

Code: ("replace with") [Select]
						}',!empty($settings['enable_news']) && !empty($context['random_news_line']) ? ',
funcOnBeforeExpand: function () {startNewsFader();}' : '', '

The alternative is to move startNewsFader to script.js (or theme.js) and do the checks there or something, dunno.

Yes! That seems to have fixed it. Thank you.

Reply #44

Quote from: b4pjoe – Is there anyway to fix the uploaded avatars not coming over in the conversion?
;D oh yes ...  The files need .elk,, not .ext as file extension .. fixed it. 
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------