Skip to main content
Topic: week starts with...  (Read 1839 times) previous topic - next topic

week starts with...

I wish I could set the start day for the week for all users in admin panel because in Europe the week starts with Monday, not Sunday.

Re: week starts with...

Reply #1

It's there but it's one of those things that has not yet been moved out from the theme-specific settings...
admin > config > theme management > member options

and then the usual configure "guests and new users" + (if you want) "change current options for all members".

emanuele thinks this belongs to the list of stuff to move out of there.

ETA: and tracked https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/issues/1880
Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 07:18:45 am by emanuele
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

Hm, it seems I have to check the translation. In the german language files are three options per theme:

- Change standard options (guests) for this theme.
- Change all user options for this theme.
- Delete all user options and use defaults.

No word about if this changes new, not yet registered users as well as already registered users. I ever thought (using SMF) this works only for existing users which are registered - not for new, not yet registered users.

Reply #3

The first string in English is: "Configure guest and new user options for this theme". That means it changes the "default" value of the setting, that is the une used by guests and registered members without a setting.
The second one is "Change current options for all members using this theme". That means it changes the option for already registered members.
The third is "Remove all members' options and use the defaults" that removes all the saved options for the registered members and "reset" them to the default value (set with the first option).

;D
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

Ah, so the first sets the option for all members, neither they are already registered or will be registered in the future? But will not change the option if an existing user has made a setting?

Thanks! I will update the translation so this is really clear. :)