Skip to main content
Topic: [ADDON] Ultimate Menu (Read 30371 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: [ADDON] Ultimate Menu

Reply #61

Nice Addon, thank you.

French translation in attachment.

Reply #62

Thanks for the donation! Very much appreciated :)
LiveGallery - Simple gallery addon for ElkArte

Reply #63

Got a question.

Using Ultimate Menu and Simple Portal pages,  I want to put some pages up in the menu. And that works great and all. But there's a visual issue that I have a problem with. Due to the way Simpleportal is set up, everything is driven by the homepage portal and every page acts like a child of the homepage. So, when I click the newly added simple portal page in the menu, it registers it as the homepage being active, which I find incredibly distracting:

It's probably something that only bothers me, but I would like, when that particular link, is clicked, it'd show the test button as active. Otherwise, I really don't want to use Ultimate Menu.

I am using Mostly Blue:

http://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=3682.0

I'm wanting to ask for one of two possible solutions:

1. Editing a file in the theme to force in the menu rather than using ultimate menu (I don't think that's possible with UM, as it stands) so that when index.php?page=test (or whatever comes after =) appears, it shows that menu item as active.

2. If that's not doable due to the way Simpleportal handles items, I would like to remove the "active" graphic so that there's ONLY hover and inactive graphics. It'd suck to lose that, but it's merely a cosmetic and no one would miss it since they'd never know it existed.

If the author is still around, and knows of a way to fix this, I'd love to see it. Simpleportal is widely used, especially for its pages. This would be helpful for many.

Reply #64

I would like to request mobile view support on this add-on.

Reply #65

@txcas Could you clarify that a bit? What's the problem exactly? I use it and I don't see any trouble.

Reply #66

icons?
LiveGallery - Simple gallery addon for ElkArte

Reply #67

Quote from: Frenzie – @txcas Could you clarify that a bit? What's the problem exactly? I use it and I don't see any trouble.
I added a new menu for my site.  It shows on desktops, but no icon for the new menu on mobile devices.
Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 08:23:22 pm by txcas

Reply #68

Ah, I've only worked with submenus. I'm not sure if the add-on should be expected to provide CSS styling, unless the problem is something more severe.

Reply #69

it's work with Elkarte 1.1.2?
Saluti
Sebastiano Basile

Reply #70

Hello!
Last night my hoster changed the php version of my account from PHP 5.5.38  to 7.2.1.
Now I found more than 90 pages with the same error in the error protocol. :o
Here' an example. The lines written in red are the same everywhere, the others are mostly different:

W4FfEyTf6lpT7fBqxHFmilZrES6gH10w
Type of error: General
Unknown Error: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls

https://forum.xxx.de/index.php?action=mentions;sa=fetch;api=json;lastsent=0

File: /www/htdocs/w00f7xxx/forum/sources/subs/UltimateMenu.subs.php
Line: 41

Line 41 in the UltimateMenu.subs.php is the 3rd here -> while (list(, $row) = each($db_buttons)) {

Code: [Select]
    // Insert the items in to the site menu as defined in the um ACP
    reset($db_buttons);
    while (list(, $row) = each($db_buttons)) {
        // UM menu button basics
        $temp_menu = array(
            'title' => $row['name'],
            'href' => ($row['type'] === 'forum' ? $scripturl . '?' : '') . $row['link'],
            'target' => $row['target'],
            'show' => (allowedTo('admin_forum') || count(array_intersect($user_info['groups'], explode(',', $row['permissions']))) >= 1) && $row['status'] === 'active',
        );

What's wrong there?
Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 01:12:49 pm by Mrs. Chaos
ElkArte version: 1.1.8 / Theme: BeSocial / PHP 8.0

Reply #71

I think changing it from

to

foreach ( $db_buttons as $id => $row) { 

should be the same...

Reply #72

Yes, that helps.
The errors stay away now.
Thanks a lot!

Reply #73

Quote from: tino – I think changing it from

to

foreach ( $db_buttons as $id => $row) { 

should be the same...

AFAIK, older versions of PHP were lacking the foreach construct, and the each() functions was a workaround to it. Now that there is a foreach loop, the workaround is not necessary anymore and becomes deprecated. Which might cause some trouble for users of older machines.

Reply #74

Thanks for the explanation!