Skip to main content
Topic: Bought a new car today (Read 10002 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Bought a new car today

Reply #30

Quote from: badmonkey – May you have many happy years together. 
Otherwise said: may you live in interesting times. (cit.) xD
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #31

Did they refund you or replace the car?
192.MY.ID: Forum ISP Indonesia.

Reply #32

Quote from: Jorin – Thanks and sorry, don't understand your question.  :-[

You mentioned canceling the contract on the car.  So you can take it back to them?  Sorry, I'm probably not explaining it very well.

Reply #33

Yes, the car did go back to the dealer and I got my money back. I had to pay a bit for using the car though.

In germany when you are not informed about a crash a car had and/or the dealer doesn't inform you about the crash, you have a year to inform the dealer about this situation and to make a deal. It can be a repair or a cancellation of the contract. In my case the car can't be repaired without to much costs and I had bad feelings about the noises. So he took the car back and I got my money back.

This cases can be very bad for the dealer: Imagine the image he gets in public if anyone knows he is selling cars as "crash free" when they are not. So he will do mostly anything to satisfy the buyer and NOT to go to court.

Then I bought the Prius from another dealer.  ;)

Reply #34

Congratulations! Love that new prius too. Is it brand new?

Reply #35

Glad you solved it in the best way ;) Sometimes forums can be very useful, I also had some problems when I bought my skoda, then I mentioned my skoda forum and the seller became very very interested to solve quickly the problem. Too bad I cannot speak in public about the problems I had, I signed a document fot that :(

The Prius is a nice car, probably not a car for me and my tastes, but the fuel consumption and the reliability of Toyota brand makes envy every driver. I still drive a toyota celica t23, and in almost 250.000 km I can say it's the most reliable car I had, almost zero problems but a lot of maintenance ;)
sorry for my bad english

Reply #36

Quote from: radu81 – I still drive a toyota celica t23, and in almost 250.000 km I can say it's the most reliable car I had, almost zero problems but a lot of maintenance ;)
Agreed. Properly maintained car is the most reliable one. ;)

Reply #37

Quote from: ahrasis – Congratulations! Love that new prius too. Is it brand new?

Yeah. Costs me more then the (used bought) Lexus, but after this experience I wanted a car without worries.  O:-)

Quote from: radu81 – Sometimes forums can be very useful, I also had some problems when I bought my skoda, then I mentioned my skoda forum and the seller became very very interested to solve quickly the problem.

That's a plus! I am kind of a VIP for Toyota in Cologne, that helps too.  ;)

Quote from: radu81 – The Prius is a nice car, probably not a car for me and my tastes...

I totally understand!  ;) Love it or hate it. I had a Prius second generation for 5 years, my Dad drove a Prius third gen as his last car (sadly not longer than 9 months). So this is the third Prius I am in contact with and yes, I love the Priusses for many reasons.