Skip to main content
Topic: Site Support page (Read 2575 times) previous topic - next topic

Site Support page

My sites all have site support boards for users to address issues or ask questions.  Fortunately these aren't frequented with posts.  Unfortunately, if I happen to be living my daily life, I may not read (i.e., become aware) of member issues right away.  So, I wrote an SSI based support page with a form for gathering basic info.  The form shoots an email containing the user's entered info as well as a few other tidbits.  The tidbits are the username, profile link, profile email, and IP. 

So what's the point?  The point is sharing is good.  Attached is the page.  The only REQUIRED edit is entering your email into the $youremail variable.  One could edit the page title, email subject, etc to taste.  Feel free to make any changes you wish.  The one thing I ask is it only be used with Elkarte based sites, unless of course, you ask nicely.   ;)  Hopefully it helps someone.  Enjoy! 

Re: Site Support page

Reply #1

Do you have a version that could be added to a portal page?
I admit to having issues with your coding, to find where to copy/paste...lol

Re: Site Support page

Reply #2

Quote from: Burke Knight – Do you have a version that could be added to a portal page?
I admit to having issues with your coding, to find where to copy/paste...lol

My apologies for being away a while.  Life happens!  That's why it's fun too.  :)

I haven't written one specifically for that.  It shouldn't be too difficult to port.  If you're using it for a Simple Portal page it should be easy enough to trim it down to an html page, could even be a block. 

Where are you running into issues editing the code?  Be glad to help there also.