Skip to main content
Topic: New theme(?) with green headers.. (Read 16304 times) previous topic - next topic

New theme(?) with green headers..

Me like. :)

The green menubar looks nice, although the highlighted buttons seems a bit fuzzy on the edges. But the windowbg's and catbg's - very nice. The titlebg on info-center (among others) - not so much, it sticks out now so I would suggest changing it. And great that all the(or most of them) dropshadows were..dropped. Too much of anything isn't good for you, so they say.

The dark-grey background: also great, this theme really has some balls now. :D

Re: New theme(?) with green headers..

Reply #1

There's a "like" button now :P (currently hidden unter the "More...." near "Quick Edit")
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #2

Ah, I see it. :)

Reply #3

emanuele can't see the like button! :'(
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

Looks like it was not enabled for the GM group ... I enabled that just for you  :D

Reply #5

emanuele can likez!

Well, another button I'm not going to use... :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #6

Antechinus cannot see teh likez button. :P

Antechinus not that keen on likez as a feature, but is happy to test it when someone complements the new theme I made. :D

Antechinus massive ego FTW. :P
Master of Expletives: Now with improved family f@&king friendliness! :D

Sources code: making easy front end changes difficult since 1873. :P

Reply #7

Quote from: Bloc – Me like. :)

The green menubar looks nice, although the highlighted buttons seems a bit fuzzy on the edges.
I agree. Was thinking of tweaking it. That (and other gradient highlights) are going to be changed for W3 syntax CSS3 gradients anyway.

QuoteThe titlebg on info-center (among others) - not so much, it sticks out now so I would suggest changing it.
Yeah wasn't entirely happy with those, but just went with something dead basic for the moment until a better idea occurred.

I'll be throwing out a lot of remnant 2.1 alpha styling, but will probably leave most of the styling hooks in the markup, just in case anyone wants them (and because leaving them is the lazy option).

ETA: Oh and I'll be going full-on OOCSS on the menus soon anyway, so that will involve a total re-write of them. Will look at tweaking colours and borders after that. I think the drop menu system is one place where going mental on classes is worth the extra HTML. It will make styling menus a lot easier for beginners.
Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 07:56:52 pm by Antechinus

Reply #8

Quote from: Antechinus –
 Antechinus cannot see teh likez button. :P

Antechinus not that keen on likez as a feature, but is happy to test it when someone complements the new theme I made. :D

Antechinus massive ego FTW. :P
Should be fixed now as well

Reply #9

Yup. It works.

ETA: Ok, I'm gonna change those quickbuttons to use pseudos for the icons. They start looking like crap pretty fast with non-standard font sizes. @todo.

Reply #10

Well, likes are funny, can't deny that, I'm just not used to them.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #11

Y'know it's currently a bit weird with the buttons, in that to like a post you have to open the "More..." droppy, but once a post has been liked there's a like button which doesn't do anything. I think this should be changed. A separate button may be the way to do it, given that likes do seem to be rather popular these days.

I was thinking about the "Quote to new topic" thing as well. Having that as a droppy under "Quote" is currently buggy with click menus enabled, since you have to click to open the droppy, and clicking quotes the post to quick reply. :D

We'll have to do a bit more thinking about the quickbuttons strip.

Reply #12

May also tweak things a bit with regard to the heavier font-weights in some areas. I'm running W7 and use Firefox by preference. With that combo, font-weight: 600; adds emphasis, while still being a lot more elegant than plain bold (700). However, I've noticed that browsers other than FF seem to default to bold for those declarations. I may lighten the colour fractionally for those browsers, but it's not a priority at the moment.

Also, Opera seems to slightly bork vertical paddings/cell heights on the board index. Other browsers are all consistent.

Reply #13

Hey how about something like this for the on/off icons?

Reply #14

Quote from: Bloc – The titlebg on info-center (among others) - not so much, it sticks out now so I would suggest changing it.
Btw, tweaked those on local. Dropped the font-size back to 1.1em and it's more balanced now.