Skip to main content
Topic: New to ElkArte Quick Question About Image Attachment Etc (Read 1435 times) previous topic - next topic

New to ElkArte Quick Question About Image Attachment Etc

Hi. I host and manage a forum for a client of mine which has been running PHPBB for many years.

They're keen to migrate to something which has good support for post LIKEs, and something which automatically resizes attached images. I know EA has the former but what about the auto image resizing - is that an option?

Also - they want a very very GREEEEN theme - I can't see one in the off the shelf options - am I missing something?

Also also - how smoothly does a PHPBB conversion usually go? And how long does it take? Site has 50 active and 300 less so. users for about 8 years. With attachments and phtotos inline.

TY!

Re: New to ElkArte Quick Question About Image Attachment Etc

Reply #1

1) I believe Images resizes automatically in Elkarte
2) The default theme is Green not very very green. With some css codes you can make it more greener.
3) Very smoothly, and with attachments and photos i believe it has no issues (wait for others to help you more)

Re: New to ElkArte Quick Question About Image Attachment Etc

Reply #2

I'm sorry!
I opened the topic in a tab and then left the bat hanging on a desktop I don't use much... :-\

Quote from: ElkBob – They're keen to migrate to something which has good support for post LIKEs, and something which automatically resizes attached images. I know EA has the former but what about the auto image resizing - is that an option?
Auto-resizing is not part of the core features. There is though https://addons.elkarte.net/utility/Attachment-Resize.html that should do what you are looking for.

Quote from: ElkBob – Also - they want a very very GREEEEN theme - I can't see one in the off the shelf options - am I missing something?
The most green is the light variant that has some green.
But  change the color scheme it should not be that difficult. :)

Quote from: ElkBob – Also also - how smoothly does a PHPBB conversion usually go? And how long does it take? Site has 50 active and 300 less so. users for about 8 years. With attachments and phtotos inline.
How long does it take usually depends on the number of posts.
Regarding the smoothness of the upgrade... well it should.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.