Skip to main content
Topic: my ideas (Read 6332 times) previous topic - next topic

my ideas

ideas:
1. Make a forum only for the news.
2. Add 2 links in Browse Packages (see in attach)
3. Would be desirable that data on the author of the post were opened around the avatar
4. php version >= 5.4

to be continued ...
Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 01:37:23 am by Inter
Sorry for my English

Re: my ideas

Reply #1

Settings I can imagine what it does, but the other I'm not so sure... Brings to the site of the author?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

the main address of the packet, or a list of addresses at the touch of a button (js)

Sorry for my English

Reply #3

Look in the error log every day tedious. If an error occurs with the database then send an event to the  /index.php?action=mentions
Sorry for my English

Reply #4

TBH, it would be easier to have a topic for each feature and have them in feature discussions, or, at the very least, have this discussion in feature discussions...
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

Quote4. php version >= 5.4
I personalty would like to see thee minimum at 5.5... (assuming we're talking about Elk NG (is it  2.0 or 1.2?))
LiveGallery - Simple gallery addon for ElkArte

Reply #6

i like php 7.1  ;D
Sorry for my English

Reply #7

I don't think there is a plan for a 1.2 ... so after 1.1 is out then next will be 2.0. 

The 1.x branch is 5.3 min, the 2.x branch certainly needs to up its min requirements, I'd agree on 5.5 as well.

I'd like 5.6 but I tend to watch what is in the supported in various distro LTS since thats what I tend to see sysadmins use/follow.  So for example Ubuntu 14.04LTS (php 5.5) will still be supported and active until 4/2019.  Not to say you would not find 5.6 or 7.0 on those systems, but for sure you will find 5.5

Reply #8

Yep, I'd call it 2.0 just because I'd like to drop anything that is deprecated and be a little more free (not that I refrained that much) to break as much as possible! :D

Doing a round for comparison, the minimum version required by:
WP is 5.6
phpBB is 5.3
MyBB (1.8) is 5.2
MyBB (2.0) is 5.6
Flarum 5.5
Vanilla 5.3
* SMF (2.1) is ... TBH I have no idea xD
so, it seems like anything having roots in the past is < 5.4, while those that have cut with their origins or started anew are > 5.4.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #9

Quote from: Spuds – I don't think there is a plan for a 1.2 ... so after 1.1 is out then next will be 2.0. 
Nice! We can get really crazy then.
Quote from: Spuds – The 1.x branch is 5.3 min, the 2.x branch certainly needs to up its min requirements, I'd agree on 5.5 as well.

I'd like 5.6 but I tend to watch what is in the supported in various distro LTS since thats what I tend to see sysadmins use/follow.
I'm excited for 5.5 because of the new language changes.

A good feature comparison can be found here. I'm not very excited for those features found in PHP 5.6.

Quote* SMF (2.1) is ... TBH I have no idea xD
LiveGallery - Simple gallery addon for ElkArte

Reply #10

QuoteNice! We can get really crazy then.
Hell yea!

Sounds like 5.5 is the choice then, works for me  :D

Reply #12

Heck!
I didn't find the page, so I went based on what Laravel requires.
7.0 is quite a high bar at the moment, unless they plan to release it in... 3/4 years.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #13

Quote from: emanuele –
Quote from: kucing –
Quote from: emanuele – * MyBB (2.0) is 5.6
MyBB 2.0 is 7.0: https://docs.mybb.com/versions/2.0.0/
Heck!
I didn't find the page, so I went based on what Laravel requires.
7.0 is quite a high bar at the moment, unless they plan to release it in... 3/4 years.
haha I remembered it because they're the outlier, but i double checked for sure. :) yeah, looks like it will be long time before they release alpha/beta. i'm waiting for flarum also, current installation method (composer) is not shared hosting friendly, but it still in beta.
192.MY.ID: Forum ISP Indonesia.

Reply #14

Quote from: kucing – i'm waiting for flarum also, current installation method (composer) is not shared hosting friendly, but it still in beta.
I think that gonna be quite some long time since its development seems stopped for a while @kucing; and from what I have tested, other than difficulty of using composer for many, flarum core doesn't have that many features other than having a simple good looking theme / UI.

I would prefer @inter flarum style addon which I think may need to work out more on its responsive look; or if possible, for somebody to do a flarum style theme for ElkArte 1.0 and 1.1 as well.