Skip to main content
Topic: my ideas (Read 6331 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: my ideas

Reply #15

Quote from: ahrasis – I think that gonna be quite some long time since its development seems stopped for a while @kucing; and from what I have tested, other than difficulty of using composer for many, flarum core doesn't have that many features other than having a simple good looking theme / UI.
yeah, that's right. I just don't want to dabble on (breaking) update process. this remind me that i'm using elkarte since beta( or alpha?) because it's easy to upgrade. :)

i love playing around with the forum software and looking what available. i see flarum as php version of discourse and better vanilla. haha. :D

Quote from: ahrasis –
I would prefer @inter FlarumStyle addon which I think may need to work out more on its responsive look; or if possible, for somebody to do a FlarumStyle theme for ElkArte 1.0 and 1.1 as well.
i will take a look. :)
192.MY.ID: Forum ISP Indonesia.

Re: my ideas

Reply #16

Quote from: ahrasis –
Quote from: kucing – i'm waiting for flarum also, current installation method (composer) is not shared hosting friendly, but it still in beta.
I think that gonna be quite some long time since its development seems stopped for a while @kucing; and from what I have tested, other than difficulty of using composer for many, flarum core doesn't have that many features other than having a simple good looking theme / UI.

I would prefer @inter FlarumStyle addon which I think may need to work out more on its responsive look; or if possible, for somebody to do a FlarumStyle theme for ElkArte 1.0 and 1.1 as well.
The style of flarum is quite nice indeed, theres something about the simplicity in it that looks very modern. But compared to Elkarte themes its a bit spartan in what it shows, the key would be to also add the elk's features in such a simple(ish) theme.