Skip to main content
Topic: [ADDON] Levertine Gallery (Read 24342 times) previous topic - next topic

[ADDON] Levertine Gallery

Levertine Gallery 1.2.1

License
This ElkArte addon is released under a LGPL V3 license

Introduction
First, and most importantly, a big shout out to @Arantor who allowed me to make this adaption available to the community, as well as writing the original SMF version.  I know not everyone appreciates nor understands how much time and effort goes into writing programs like this, but understand the original effort on this was significant, and getting it for free, well, c'est la treat especial!

The main obstacle in making this available was a dependency library used in the original which was not FOSS and had certain conditions for it to be included/distributed.  This version removed that library (its the main uploading facility) and replaced it with an MIT licensed program.  It was not a direct drop in so I'm expecting some bumps in the road.

Changes from the original?  Vary from cosmetic (elk look and feel) to the above structural change of the uploader. All dependencies have been updated to the latest versions, and if they were no longer maintained, replacements were used. Any < PHP7 support or flash support has been redacted. I've also done some integration with the ElkArte core in areas.  As an example the original had a separate likes and notification system (comments, new items).  These features are still in place but now will act no differently then other ElkArte notifications (likes, buddy, quotes, mentions, etc).

Please consider this Beta code and feel free to report and provide fixes to bugs as you find them .... there will be bugs.  Again THIS IS FOR TESTING.  I have converted all the necessary parts but there will be some glitches, that's  just a fact.  The install and uninstall function shave not been heavily tested, so use this on your test sites only.

IMPORTANT: You need to be running ElkArte version 1.1.7 and PHP7 for this to work, ha take that! While doing the adaption I found a few areas that should have worked but did not so I fixed them in 1.1.7 since I could.  No it will not run on 1.0 or 1.1.6, or PHP5, as in ever.

Not tested are all of the importers.  I did import an old Aeva gallery and that worked perfectly (copied the tables to my Elk install and the mgal directory) but that was all.

Features
Levertine Gallery is a modern gallery solution for ElkArte 1.1.7+
  • Supports uploading huge files out of the box - no matter what your server configuration is, just needs a modern browser.
  • Uploading in bulk is available straight away and works on mobile as well as desktop! It is also built using HTML5 so it works even on mobile devices, for example to upload photos straight off your phone direct to the forum! Phones, tablets, desktops, all the features are available on all platforms!
  • Supports image, video, audio, document, archive and other formats.  All selectable by the admin
  • Supports metadata/exif for most image, audio and video formats.
  • Robust quota system, customizable by member/group/media type and more.
  • Albums can be made for members, for groups or for the site as a whole. Whatever your community needs, LevGal has you covered. Albums can also be owned by multiple members (or groups) - good for collaboration between members for example.
  • Members can rearrange their albums with a handy drag and drop interface! Even if two members both jointly own an album, their preferences for album arrangement are kept for them.
  • LevGal comes with its own bbcode's, [media] and [clear] to handle putting images in posts, quickly and easily. Common links to items (including the bbcode) are shown on every item page, complete with a little "copy to clipboard" button to easily copy the link code for you. There are also integrated social sharing options built right in too!
  • Robust import system from other galleries, and support for rendering other gallery tags to make transition easier

Of course, all the fundamental things you might expect as well, including:
  • Comments with moderation / approval options.
  • Notifications for liked items, new items to albums and new comments.
  • Unseen items.
  • Likes for items.
  • Bookmarking your favorite items with easy access via your profile
  • Tagging with a tag cloud view.
  • Searching with many parameters options to help find what you want fast!
All come as standard and are ready to go as soon as you install and start uploading items!

Translations:

Repo / Download
https://github.com/Spuds/Elk_Gallery/releases/tag/1.2.1
Last Edit: January 07, 2024, 01:11:27 pm by Spuds

Re: Levertine Gallery

Reply #1

@tino  there is a TP gallery module that I have not tested so if you get a chance :D

For SP I decided to update the existing gallery block in SP-Elk and remove the code from here.  Said differently the portal is gallery aware instead of the gallery being portal aware.  It was just cleaner that way for me but we can support either.

Reply #2

This sounds amazing! Thanks for all your hard work. A thorough, uh, test is in order. ;D

Reply #3

Pictures, or File gallery also?

// Deep inside every dilemma lies a solution that involves explosives //

Reply #4

Pictures, files, audio, video ... its up to you what to allow.

It will also create thumbnail images for PDF files, probably others as well, so if you add a PDF to an album you will see a thumbnail of the first page of the PDF which is pretty sweet.

Reply #5

Quote from: Spuds – @tino  there is a TP gallery module that I have not tested so if you get a chance :D

For SP I decided to update the existing gallery block in SP-Elk and remove the code from here.  Said differently the portal is gallery aware instead of the gallery being portal aware.  It was just cleaner that way for me but we can support either.

It's complaining about needing MySQL/MariaDB to function correctly. Do you have a public repo, or do I have permission to change the code to support pgSQL?

Reply #6

I forgot it had that dependency.  I honestly don't recall why or if that is still needed.

The current repo is on bitbucket, do you have an account?  I had it private while the license issues were ironed out.

Reply #7

The add new Album link doesn't appear to work, also the tick and cross for the GD / Imagik are a bit large ;-)

I'll look at it more later, the TinyPortal stuff will need a slight change but I can do that when I get the chance as its 01:00 here and I need sleep.

Reply #8

Be sure and check permissions in the admin media section, I know I've been adding / deleting albums

The big icons sounds are a sign of a missing CSS file .... which page are you seeing this on?  

ETA: Ah those must be on the admin support block.  Mine look normal.  Maybe I missed a file, to check (if they are large its missing the css declaration)

Reply #9

Quote from: Spuds – Be sure and check permissions in the admin media section, I know I've been adding / deleting albums

The big icons sounds are a sign of a missing CSS file .... which page are you seeing this on?  

ETA: Ah those must be on the admin support block.  Mine look normal.  Maybe I missed a file, to check (if they are large its missing the css declaration)

Yeh, the css is missing.

I’m admin so I guess permissions are over ridden as I couldn’t see any specific for admin.

I’ll debug more later so I can help, but I think the controller isn’t loading with the seo url. It’s also not the latest version of 1.1.7 ( one just behind ) on that install so it might be that.

Reply #10

Thanks for helping with the debug

I have done a fresh installed in a bit and had been working on my active install, so there is always the chance I fixed something and did not commit it. 

I just did a fresh 1.1.6 to 1.1.7 install and then levgal ... icons looked normal so something is going on, but that is why I said its for testing, different setups, different results !  Let me know what you find, or just commit it.

ETA:  The latest 1.1.7 should have only fixed the ability to unsubscribe to emails via the link (for levgal)

Reply #11

I pulled that package until I run through a couple of new/empty gallery issues.  I had not done a "from scratch" install in some time and there are a couple of fixes needed for fresh installs.   Will update soon.

Reply #12

Updating to the latest version of 1.1.7 resolves the issues I raised, not quite sure how mind.

You have these that you raised in your last post.

Code: [Select]
Database error, given array of integer values is empty. (album_list) when there isn't any album.

Did you want me to send a PR with fixes for those or have your already sorted them?

Reply #13

I just pushed those changes ... It should fix that and several other new install / empty gallery issues.  I'll attach the updated package to the first post.

Reply #14

Quote from: Spuds – I just pushed those changes ... It should fix that and several other new install / empty gallery issues.  I'll attach the updated package to the first post.

I'll leave my PR open against your repo and you can cherry pick the content out of it that's useful. The GROUP BY fixes will also help when running strict mode in MySQL.