Skip to main content
Topic: BBcodes settings gone (Read 2511 times) previous topic - next topic

BBcodes settings gone

I keep getting the same problem, as soon as I install an addon that adds BBcode (like "inline attachments", "BBC font awesome",...) the settings in my admin panel dissapear :
BBCODES.JPG

and the buttons for these addons are not visible anywhere in the post editor :
editor.JPG

How can I solve this?

Re: BBcodes settings gone

Reply #1

Do the "new" BBC codes show up in the list when you un-check the "select all tags" in the ACP? 

Reply #2

And do you have any other addon installed?
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #3

Just Emoji. The new bbcodes do not appear when I unselect. 

Reply #4

Ok, just did a re-install of the forum software and only installed Emoji. The settings in the admin panel dissapeared.

So I'm re-installing the software again but this time I'll leave the emoji addon away and just install inline attachments

Reply #5

@emanuele found a bug with the font awesome addon (incorrect file case on the naming) .. I've made the update and published 1.0.2 on the addon site.   I'll take a look ath the Emoji addon as well and see if I made the same mistake.

Reply #6

Could you try using one of the developer tools of the browser and see if the markup is completely missing or if it is just a display:none in CSS?
Never mind, it's not.

This is the elkarte's sub-optimal solution to store the bbc codes in parse_bbc and call the function with $message = false if only the codes are needed.
Then, Emoji::emojiNameToImage doesn't return false, but an empty string and parse_bbc doesn't return the array of bbcode... :-\
Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 03:56:00 pm by emanuele
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #7

Ok, dit some re-installing and testing (and re-installing :D ) and I think I identified the source of the issue. It's the Emoji addon that causes the problem.

First I did an install with only the emoji addon as an extra : poef, the settings for the bbcodes were gone. Next I re-installed the entire forum and first intalled another package (similar settings), that dit not break anything so I installed the Font Awesome addon. And that didn't break anything eather. So the issue is somewhere in the emoji addon.

Reply #8

You know someone should keep an eye on that spuds guy ... adding && $message !== false to that line should fix that issue then.

Oh and looky, the BBC code list is mussed up, the class should be on the UL not the LI's

Reply #9

Updated the Emoji addon and pushed the update to the addon site ... thanks @emanuele for that debug :D

Reply #10

Works like a charm now.

Thanks for the swift follow-up! You guy's are great :)