Skip to main content
Topic: BadBehavior (Read 5959 times) previous topic - next topic

BadBehavior

As I've said a couple of times now, I'm rewriting BadBehavior to be more object oriented, maybe fix some bugs, and add tests. Big thing is I want it to be cleaner code.

https://github.com/joshuaadickerson/BadBehavior

Re: BadBehavior

Reply #1

It would be incredibly helpful if people could post their BadBehavior log and especially helpful if I could get the access log entry (including IP, user agent, a request string) for any SPAM that gets through BB. It would be way too much to log headers but that would be awesome. Maybe I'll setup a honeypot forum for that.

Reply #2

I can provide any info you need if this can help, but how do I export my log? From phpmyadmin?

PM me your email address and I'll send it
sorry for my bad english

Reply #3

Yeah, just dump the table.

Reply #4

Hmm... do we require a cookie to be logged in or can it be done just by rewriting the session string on the links?

Reason I ask is because if we create a cookie and then check for that cookie, on POST, that is an easy way of stopping bots. I think most bots don't allow cookies to be saved.

Reply #5

I am thinking about writing some scrapers and "bots" to test people's strategies.

Reply #6

Hmm, you might actually want to update the core of that, it got updated as well and can surely save some work.
~ SimplePortal Support Team ~

Reply #7

Thanks. The only thing that I don't have that the download has is all of the extraneous plugin stuff. All of that will be stripped out and put in its own repo at some point after I get it working and get composer setup properly. At that point, it will be found in my repos as [joshuaadickerson/] BadBehavior-ElkArte, BadBehavior-Wordpress, BadBehavior-Mediawiki so plugins can be maintained on their own.

Reply #8

That's amazing stuff, nice!
~ SimplePortal Support Team ~

Reply #9

@radu81 I sent you a PM with my email. If you sent me the dump already it might have gone to SPAM. Let me know what email address you're sending from if so.

Reply #10

I replied yesterday, as soon as I got your email address. My email is radu*****com. Should I resend the email?
Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 04:31:20 am by radu81
sorry for my bad english

Reply #11

I just sent you an email. If you get it, it might be easier to just reply to it so it gets passed the SPAM filters.

Reply #12

That's very strange, I did not receive it :( I sent you a PM
sorry for my bad english

Reply #14

Looking at a couple of logs, it appears http:BL is very valuable. It stops a lot of spammers and scrapers.