Skip to main content
Topic: ElkArte 1.1.3 - Release announcement (Read 10733 times) previous topic - next topic

ElkArte 1.1.3 - Release announcement

Today, we are pleased to release ElkArte 1.1.3. This release addresses two critical security issues and few bugs identified after the release of ElkArte 1.1.2. As this is a maintenance release, the majority of the updates are focused on bug fixes and increased stability.
This is a critical security update and we strongly encourage anyone running any previous version.

This release follows our semantic version (MAJOR.MINOR.PATCH), meaning that third-point (x.x.X) releases should contain backwards-compatible bug fixes and enhancements, so for the most part you will not find new features in this release. Major new features will be reserved for second point versions (x.X.x).

Refer to the release notes on the forum for a complete list of updates. (Release notes are not yet ready.)

I have to apologize to @pi.tech  for not mentioning his contribution in reporting the security issue!
Sorry, I was tired and just did a copy and paste of the previous release... where I didn't thank him for his reporting of the other security issue...
Next time I'll try to remember.

Patching procedure:
  • go to the page https://github.com/ElkArte/ElkArte/releases/tag/v1.1.3
  • download the file ElkArte_v1-1-3_patch.zip to your computer
  • go to your forum: Admin > Main > Package Manager > Upload Package
  • click the button to upload the package
  • locate and select the file you downloaded at point 2
  • click the "upload" button
  • follow the instructions on the screen.

For any question you may have, feel free to ask on the support forum.

Of course you are encouraged to update to this release since it contains a lot of fixes and improvements, thank you for your continued support!
Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 07:28:29 pm by emanuele
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Re: ElkArte 1.1.3 - Release announcement

Reply #1

Nice  :)

And to double note .... This is a critical security update so don't pass this one up !

Reply #2

So far so good. Good jobs @emanuele, @Spuds, and all other developers...

You might want to update this site to 1.1.3 too.

Reply #3

Done, done, and done.  Thanks guys!   8)

Reply #4

emanuele any time release an update is always scared something it broken... O:-)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

Quote This release follows our semantic version (MAJOR.MINOR.PATCH), meaning that third-point (x.x.X) releases should contain backwards-compatible bug fixes and enhancements, so for the most part you will not find new features in this release. Major new features will be reserved for second point versions (x.X.x).

Don’t you mean New Features are in first or second point version if you’re following Semantic Versioning, using the word Major is confusing. As it’s Major.Minor.Patch

Installed with no issues mind.

Reply #6

I think I have not read it in a while. xD
Good point, will try to keep in mind for the next release to reword a bit the sentence, thanks!
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #7

Asking to be sure...
Doesn't update the versioning correctly?

index says 1.1.1
Detailed version check  says 1.1.2 (cept lang files)
Doesn't show 1.1.3 patch in Installed packages

Reply #8

Can one go straight from Version 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 ?
or do I need first to install the 1.1.2 Version ?

Many thanks.

Regards, Stefan.

Reply #9

From the patches you have to install them all, and I'd suggest to follow that path. :)
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #10

Has anyone gotten a fresh install of 1.1.3 to work?
For me it's completely unusable because of a white screen error. (group_list does not exist in the database or something...)
Will it only work if I install 1.1.2 and upgrade?

Reply #11

Which version of mysql do you have on your host? 
Try disabling the strict mode into mysql 
sorry for my bad english

Reply #12

Quote from: radu81 – Which version of mysql do you have on your host?
Try disabling the strict mode into mysql
It's mysql 5. I don't think I have the option to disable strict mode (if it's even on), but I'll check. My server host is AwardSpace if that helps.

Reply #13

Okay, so I just checked and strict mode isn't on. This is the full error:

QuoteFatal error: Uncaught Elk_Exception: The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: group_list in /srv/disk5/2736536/www/kincafe.tk/sources/database/Db-abstract.class.php:404 Stack trace: #0 /srv/disk5/2736536/www/kincafe.tk/sources/database/Db-abstract.class.php(102): Database_Abstract->error_backtrace('The database va...', 'The database va...', 256, '/srv/disk5/2736...', 1231) #1 [internal function]: Database_Abstract->replacement__callback(Array) #2 /srv/disk5/2736536/www/kincafe.tk/sources/database/Db-mysql.class.php(168): preg_replace_callback('~{([a-z_]+)(?::...', Array, '\n\t\tSELECT b.id_...') #3 /srv/disk5/2736536/www/kincafe.tk/sources/Security.php(1231): Database_MySQL->query('', '\n\t\tSELECT b.id_...', Array) #4 /srv/disk5/2736536/www/kincafe.tk/sources/subs/Moderation.subs.php(250): boardsAllowedTo(Array) #5 /srv/disk5/2736536/www/kincafe.tk/themes/default/Theme.php(841): loadModeratorMenuCounts() #6 /srv/disk5/2736536/www/kincafe.tk/themes/default/Theme.php(688): Themes\DefaultTheme\Theme->setup in /srv/disk5/2736536/www/kincafe.tk/sources/database/Db-abstract.class.php on line 404

It's also listed here on the github. It seems like a fix hasn't been discovered yet.

Reply #14

Is the 1.1.4 version with bugfixes and GDPR support coming soon ?
In about how many days ?
I really need to convert now my sites to Elkarte, but wanted to wait, until the GDPR support is out.

Many thanks.

Regards, Stefan.