Skip to main content
Topic: Quick site refresh 2-13-2014 (Read 6639 times) previous topic - next topic

Quick site refresh 2-13-2014

Did a quick refresh to place the latest on the site, continuous test mode :)

Has some of the bug fixes that were reported, and some theme tweaks as well.  If you want the list of changes its here but most of those are simple code cleanup (comments and docs and the like so no functional or visual changes).

Re: Quick site refresh 2-13-2014

Reply #1

emanuele likes!
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #2

And again :D

All the latest bug fixes and thanks to @Joker™ our Drag and Drop attachments and Ajax on the likes button !

The list of changes from B2 is here again most of those are simple code cleanup but some were bugz

ETA: LOL Git says "This comparison is big! We're only showing the most recent 250 commits"

Reply #3

Quote from: Spuds – And again :D

All the latest bug fixes and thanks to @Joker™ our Drag and Drop attachments and Ajax on the likes button !

The list of changes from B2 is here again most of those are simple code cleanup but some were bugz

ETA: LOL Git says "This comparison is big! We're only showing the most recent 250 commits"
LIkee likeee... Thanks to everyone and keep up the good work :D

Reply #4

YAY!
Thanks Joker, great work! :D

Now, next big step with attachments is (almost) overhaul the entire system and make it independent from the messages, allow easier attaching of inline images (e.g. providing the ccbode at the end of the upload via D&D), and so on, but that's for... 1.1? :P
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #5

Too many buttons today for the header.

Reply #6

yep, notice it too.. possible Solutions, IMO:
1) hide a button in mobile view (I'd simply hide the new home button)
2) reduce the size of the Buttons..

Opinons? I'd personally favour 1)
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #7

emanuele has just noticed there are two buttons with the same glyph. O:-)

Yep, what @TE said sounds reasonable, the home is almost only for download and with mobile is kind of difficult to use what you download... AFAIK.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #8

Or rename home to about and place it under community?

Reply #9

Is that what its purpose is though? It may be basically an "About" page on this site, but presumably it's included so it can be something more on production sites. An "About" page would not normally be the highest level page on any site. It's usually a fair way down the list.

So are you after a solution that is suitable for general release, or only after a solution that's suitable for this specific site?
Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 03:02:51 am by Antechinus
Master of Expletives: Now with improved family f@&king friendliness! :D

Sources code: making easy front end changes difficult since 1873. :P

Reply #10

Yes.. why was this added?
It's a Wedge feature I actually dislike and am planning to tweak (moving Home link to the logo and leaving only Community link in the menu).
I think that an icon for forum root is even more complicated than a text link...

Reply #11

Quote from: Nao – Yes.. why was this added?
It's a Wedge feature I actually dislike and am planning to tweak (moving Home link to the logo and leaving only Community link in the menu).
That's a good solution IMO.

Reply #12

I don't think the intention was to include it with the main package if that's what you mean?

Its available as an addon should someone want a simple home page link.  Here I just looked at it as another button up top when we were trying to keep those to the things people do most often, so using the about or what Nao suggested keeps that top line cleaner.

Reply #13

Oh ok, I just assumed Elk would be shipping with a front page template of some sort. So the plan is to ship basic forum only, then people can add their own portal?

Reply #14

Thats the plan as I know it, wait is there a plan  :P  I've been working on getting Simple Portal ported over, have something that works at this point as well, so that should provide a portal solution for those that want that as well.