Skip to main content
Topic: First Impression (Read 2027 times) previous topic - next topic

First Impression

Hi team. I am looking forward to this project entering the stable phase and become an good alternative to SMF which I currently use.

When I first visited this forum, I was impressed with

1. Logo

2. Readability

3. Use of Blue and Grey shades in Default theme

etc to mention a few. I would also request you to help search single characters in keyword like " Note 3 ". Currently I use Google Custom Search to include the single character entry. Nothing bad to say, keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

Re: First Impression

Reply #1

Hey @meetdilip and thanks for the feedback..
Single character search is "hardcore" for MySQL but maybe your're just looking for a search term with a single character included:
QuoteNote 3
will just give you the resullts including the word note, but not 3 because it's just a single character.

Quote"Note 3"
(including the quotes in the search term) will give you just one match, it's this topic ;)

TE feels we might need a :thumbsup: smiley ..
Thorsten "TE" Eurich
------------------------

Reply #2

I am happy with Google Custom Search at this moment. Simply saves the time to think of proper search terms. I have tried searching for Galaxy Note on my forum using SMF search, only to find that Note 3 never appeared when I was sure there is a thread on that topic. I hope there will be a Google Custom Search mod in ElkArte. 

Reply #3

mmm...I never tried google custom search.

At the moment there is an option in the admin panel that allows you to add new search engines to the "quick search", but not to the "main search" (i.e. http://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?action=search ). That may be something to think about for 1.1.
Bugs creator.
Features destroyer.
Template killer.

Reply #4

Nice that you added it to your list. :thumbsup: